Author Topic: I must be doing something wrong :-(  (Read 18208 times)

laltamuro

I must be doing something wrong :-(
« on: July 05, 2014, 01:03:33 pm »
Hi, recently purchased, just a pair of seconds installed... But I think something is wrong.
No third party products active there...
No buildings, no runways, no taxiways, mesh problems... Product is activated usual way... Last airport entry in file scenery.cfg
Any clue?
Thanks in advance ;-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I must be doing something wrong :-(
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 04:08:43 pm »
The usual question:

Do you have BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl menus under the FSX Addons menu ?

laltamuro

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 04:49:21 pm »
Hi,
Thanks for your response.
Yes, I am afraid I have...

Regards ;-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 04:55:17 pm »
Is the Addon Manager showing the scenery to be Installed in the Scenery Library ?

laltamuro

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 06:30:47 pm »
I think so...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 06:39:21 pm »
Enable logging from the "Troubleshooting" section of the "GSX Settings" menu, then send me your Couatl.LOG file and your Couatl.ERR file, if you have one.

laltamuro

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 07:05:36 pm »
Here it is. No err file.

Rest of FSDT (and flightbeam) sceneries I have got installed, are OK.

;-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 09:19:05 pm »
From your log file, it seems you have a problem with your Windows user account, that has lost permissions to write into the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder, that are set by our installers.

This is making both GSX not be able to write its own scenery cache ( so it's probably trying to regenerate it at every start, and is not reading any AFCADs) AND KIAH and other sceneries which stores their models into that folder, not working.

Try the following:

- Open your C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder with the Windows file Explorer

- Right-click on the Virtuali folder, select "Properties", select the "Security" tab,  click on the "Edit.." button, then "Add" your user account with "Full Control" permissions.

laltamuro

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 10:19:49 pm »
Hi,
I think I have got enough rights to that folder. UAC is disabled, and below you can see effective access for user Luis (me!, my user belongs to administrators group) to Virtuali folder.
Sorry, it has to be spanish, but anyway you can realize that Control total (easy to translate) is checked.

A last thing, I am sure I have run setup as administrator. Not sure about your comment on GSX, it doesn't regenerate its caché every time I run fsx.
Thanks ;-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2014, 10:31:21 pm »
Not sure about your comment on GSX, it doesn't regenerate its caché every time I run fsx.

You don't see it, because it's getting a permission error as soon as it tries to create it, but the log shows that's what is happening.

Try to remove the whole C:\ProgramData\Virtuali

then reinstall GSX again.

laltamuro

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2014, 11:01:38 pm »
What I have done:

c:\programdata\virtuali removed.
GSX deactivated.
GSX uninstalled.
GSX Last versión downloaded from www.fsadreamteam.com
GSX installed and activated.

But nothing has changed. New .bin files are zero length again.

Please, find attached a new couatl.log file (it reports KIAH is not installed? ???)
;-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2014, 11:24:03 pm »
Please, find attached a new couatl.log file (it reports KIAH is not installed? ???

It reports that, because it can't find the KIAH .MDL files that is supposed to patch ( to allow for some differences in rendering between P3D and FSX ), that are also located under C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\FSDT_KIAH

Since you removed the whole C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\ folder, you will have to reinstall KIAH as well.

But this is not really the issue, the issue is that the program still can't access the C:\ProgramData\Virtuali folder, which has been created by its own installer.

The only possible explanation left, is that you have another software, probably not even related to flight sim, that is locking access to that folder for some reason. Sorry for not being more specific, but if another software has gained access to that folder (maybe the whole C:\ProgramData, perhaps an antivirus or similar product is doing this), there's nothing we can do it from our side, if the folder is being locked out. The only possible solution, is finding the offending program.

laltamuro

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2014, 12:30:05 am »
Ok, will see... One thing, the problem raises at installation time or at execution time?
Thanks ;-)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2014, 12:33:53 am »
It seems to be something that is running in the background.

edwardpat

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2014, 03:05:43 am »
Exactly the same problem here !!!. I've spent almost three/four hours in finding out what's wrong with this installation without success. My other FSDT sceneries and GSX are running well, but KIAH is not showing me any buildings, gates, etc., as it is supposed to be. PLEASE solve