Author Topic: Blurry night bldg textures  (Read 12267 times)

kinm

Blurry night bldg textures
« on: September 23, 2008, 11:39:01 pm »

My System:
AMD 64 FX60 Dual/2.61ghz/2gb ram/GeForce 8800GTS

At night.... all the building textures are blurry, it show on both full or window mode screen.
No problem during the day and no overall performance issue.
I've landed four times already using flights of PMDG, LevelD and Posky777 during the day.
Landed at night for the very first time yesterday and the blurry textures appeared.

thanks,
Kin M.
(Klax)

JBU

Re: Blurry night bldg textures
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 12:37:10 am »
pictures would probably help them

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 12:46:01 am »
This is how I see the scenery, on FS9. Well, it looks better live, because I use 1600x1200, this is 800x600 jpeg compressed, so it has surely lost some quality. But it's not blurred, at least.

Usual suggestions...

In FS9:

- Put your max texture slider to "Massive"
- Put your MipMap slider to 5-6, 4 (default) is too low

In the Video card control panel:

- Use Anisotropic filter, at leat 8x.

[attachment deleted by admin]

kinm

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 06:27:45 am »

Admin,

Thanks for the reply.
Tonight i started a flight at night and the blurry was not present.
Everything looks okay and those are my setup on FS9 that you recommended.

thanks and i will keep an eye on it.
Kin M.
(Klax)

Thibfly

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 12:31:17 pm »
 ;) Hello, to you all,

Huuu...  ;D ;D ;D I'm sorry, but where can we find the Mip Map slider ??

i've got also some problems with some textures, even at day...some of them are simply blur...

I'll try with the Mip Map slider, and test, if ther's no results, I'll send you screens...

See you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 12:37:39 pm »
I'm sorry, but where can we find the Mip Map slider ??

The exact name changes depending on your FS9 language. It's a slider on the hardware settings page, the same that let you change the screen resolution. On an english FS9, is called "MipMap Quality", and can be changed from 1 to 8.

Thibfly

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2008, 12:59:48 pm »
I'm sorry, but, I've installed all the updates you sent, found the Mip slider and add the "Flatten" line on my fs9.cfg, but the result is... this ! It s strange because, I didn't noticed it the first time I visit the scenery ...Maybe I was to o happy...what do you think about it ?? My anisotropic filter is x8...

« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 01:01:19 pm by Thibfly »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2008, 01:09:09 pm »
I'm sorry, but, I've installed all the updates you sent, found the Mip slider and add the "Flatten" line on my fs9.cfg

First, the flatten line shold be put in scenery.cfg, not fs9.cfg.

However, we posted an update (look at the start of the forum), that doesn't require the use of the flatten anymore.

Maybe I was to o happy...what do you think about it ?? My anisotropic filter is x8...

The screenshot looks like as if you haven't set the MipMap slider. It's already at 8 ? Check you have applied our updated bgl for the flatten issue, and remove any flatten switch you might have manually set in the cfg files.

Thibfly

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2008, 01:19:32 pm »
I'm sorry, but, I've installed all the updates you sent, found the Mip slider and add the "Flatten" line on my fs9.cfg

First, the flatten line shold be put in scenery.cfg, not fs9.cfg.

Hummm sorry, of course !! I'm up since 3.00 AM this morning...LOL

well...I'll may desinstall and reinstall the scenery with the last installer, no??

I'll have some rest and I'll try... good night !!! :-\

Thibfly

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2008, 04:15:55 pm »
Well...

I tried to desinstall the scenery, reinstall... nothing !! the blur texture are still here ...but ... :o :o

I tried something : here is a picture at first, of the FS default KLAX, secondly, the default KMSY, and at last, the default KJFK... don't you see something wrong ?? It's clear that it's not a problem of set up or scenery, but a problem with FS, something like if the default terrain ok KJFK was upper then the FSDT scenery !!!! in the two first one, we clearly the taxiways and the lines, but not in the default KJFK...

What do you think about it Dr Virtuali ??

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 04:34:41 pm »
the default KJFK... don't you see something wrong ?? It's clear that it's not a problem of set up or scenery, but a problem with FS

If the default JFK screenshot was taken with our KFK deinstalled or disabled, yes, it's not normal. You are missing the whole airport ground. It can only be another scenery in conflict, probably a freeware you installed long ago and you forgotten it's still there that, when our JFK is active, is conflicting with it and, when the default JFK is active, is excluding its ground polygons. OR, it might be an altitude/mesh problem so, the default is still there, but covered with something else at an higher altitude.

Thibfly

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 04:40:53 pm »
 :( :( :( :(

The only scenery of JFK I have had is the simflyers one...and it's cleary disinstalled... I've made it this afternoon...

I never had any others... it's of course a terrain altitude problem...do you think that it could clean with UT USA ???

F@*:!...I don't wanna reinstall completly FS...it could take a whole afternoon !!!

See you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 04:51:26 pm »
The only scenery of JFK I have had is the simflyers one...and it's cleary disinstalled... I've made it this afternoon...

Have you removed their flatten in the scenery.cfg as well ?

I never had any others... it's of course a terrain altitude problem...do you think that it could clean with UT USA ???

This should be fixed by our fixed flatten BGL posted here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1005.0

As long as JFK is on top of UT USA, even if the altitude was different, the flatten should fix it.

Thibfly

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 04:59:13 pm »
Yes, I put all the update for yours...

Have you removed their flatten in the scenery.cfg as well ?

Hu...I will seem silly to you eyes, but...where can I find it ??? Maybe it's this... I think the next thing I have to try is to reinstall the SimFlyers scnerey to see if it's clear for it...but tell me wher can I find the Flatten for it ?? Please... and I'll send you flowers !! LOL

See you

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 05:32:46 pm »
Hu...I will seem silly to you eyes, but...where can I find it ???

Scenery.cfg in FS9 is in its main folder.  Just open it with notepad, and search for all flatten commands. Remove anything that might be related with JFK.