Author Topic: Work in Progress / 05  (Read 25224 times)

ahsmatt7

Re: Work in Progress / 05
« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2014, 05:37:20 am »

Actually he has a point.  I am at that airport just about every day.  FSDT version looks nothing like the real life counter part in terms of lighting.  If we can switch the lighting or have the option to switch between then that would solve that.  Now other than that airport looks good.  "Still" ready for release.
You totally missed the entire point of my post. I never said I didn't agree with him about the lighting. I was never attacking him for his opinion. I was very blunt and direct and open about how he presented his opinion. That's what I was commenting on. Not his opinion. Some people are so blind to these things.

I am very familiar with KIAH. I grew up in Houston. And yes I do agree about the lighting. Just putting that out there because that's all people care about right now. Screw common courtesy these days....jeez.

Just brush it off....no big deal.  I got exactly what you were saying.  However, if you grew up in Houston then you should know that all people are not "naturally" courteous "ESPECIALLY" in Harris County Texas.  So cool out.  :)  It will be ok, sir.
im good now :) oh yeah I know how people are down in Harris county. Do you work for HPD?

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2014, 06:15:29 am »
Cool :) No sir.  Are you still in Houston?
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Hnla

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2014, 07:31:30 am »
Guys,

In regard to the night lighting, while I completely agree, Flightbeam has the exact same problem with KDEN. The lighting is FAR too dark compared to it's real life counterpart, and the color is off. (I live in Denver)

The issue was addressed on their forum at one time, but it was quickly dismissed with Miir saying their work is absolutely correct. Unfortunately it's a little sickness some developers seem to catch. I just don't even post about it anymore.

Hopefully Umberto isn't the same way.. but I wouldn't get many hopes up.

Anyway, the other shots look fantastic, and looks like a wonderful airport.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 07:33:25 am by Hnla »

streichholz

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2014, 08:44:42 am »
Im pretty sure that lightning could be a big hit on the performance. Have you ever worked on a scenery for fsx? At the moment I am working on a scenery and I can say that you have to find compromises. All could be done but most of them only work for smaller airports/airfields otherwise you you will have a very bad performance.

Umberto and his team do a great work. No one else can offer a big airport like KLAS /KLAX / CYVR with such a great performance (except flightbeam)

So I'm not sure if this is a real "issue" or just a compromise to offer a good performance.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2014, 02:10:23 pm »
You have to remember that night shot shows no life to the airport... move your two traffic sliders up to 50% or higher, and it'll get  a lot brighter with all those landing lights.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

keino333

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2014, 06:30:10 pm »
Wow, its getting deep in here fellas. 
Allow me to interject if I may, but it always seems we want what we want despite the consequence.  Whilst I do understand 777 positioning; and he has every right to express, not all that we want is achievable.  For the most part we don't contribute financially to the developers efforts in the initial stages.  In fact in most cases the Developer loses out.  Now; please note that what I'm saying does not give any credence to the lack of detail requested, but simply providing you with another perspective.

Dully, your comments are very reflective and insightful for the way forward.  And as such, when the technology/techniques are widely and or freely shared amongst the developers then these sodium filled textures for airports and aprons can be enjoyed by all (if you have Light Environment series you'll see the impact that it alone places on your equipment).  But for the time being, allow for the evolution to continue as we have over the many successful years that our beloved hobby has flourish.
Favorably, I look forward when we arrive to the visuals that have been so apply provided in this topic, but at the same time I'm thoroughly impressed with FSDTs progress and look forward to whatever he/they endeavour for us.

With salute and support
respectfully
JM2C     

ahsmatt7

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2014, 07:07:39 am »

i haven't been Houston for a few years. Got my four yr degree in San Antonio and moved to the NorCal area to instruct. Of I can get on with Skywest, IAH is a junior base so I'm lookin to possibly move back.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2014, 04:50:21 pm »

i haven't been Houston for a few years. Got my four yr degree in San Antonio and moved to the NorCal area to instruct. Of I can get on with Skywest, IAH is a junior base so I'm lookin to possibly move back.

Cool
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Auctionner_75

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2014, 08:27:40 pm »
I'm a little impatient to try this product ;D, but as one of the previous comments I do hope that you fix the night lighting because due to my job, I can only fly at night. anyway, I'll buy the scenery but please consider it. cheers!

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2014, 10:22:31 pm »
If they lit the airport up like the real one, your computer would be on it's knees begging for mercy.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock