Author Topic: Work in Progress / 05  (Read 25209 times)

Kappa

• FSDreamTeam developer
Work in Progress / 05
« on: July 02, 2014, 09:43:42 am »
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 08:55:03 am by Kappa »

streichholz

Re: Work in Progress / 05
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2014, 09:47:00 am »
Oh my gosh  :o this looks amazing. Please release it as soon as possible.

B777ER

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2014, 07:20:24 pm »
Nights shots finally (although the individual streak type effect from the light towers on the ramps does not look good or realistic). Release is very soon now.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 07:44:06 pm by B777ER »
Eric

Hnla

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2014, 08:10:02 pm »
May I ask why there are not many vehicles around the apron and jetways? (There are some). Is it an FPS thing?

I would assume a giant airport like KIAH would be jammed with apron vehicles.

Like this:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2014, 08:12:20 pm by Hnla »

wb2002

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2014, 08:31:02 pm »
Many keep referring to nightshot(s) - where are they? I have located only one nightshot.
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

B777ER

Re:
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2014, 02:39:35 am »
Night shot from FSDT looks nothing like the real one below. FSDT has the wrong lighting color (white instead of the orangish sodium vapor lights like the airport has) and the apron is way too dark in the FSDT version. Clearly the apron light towers cast more ambient light in real world. And yes I know the real shot is at dusk but you can clearly see the apron is way more lit up than the FSDT version. Hey Umberto, why don't you all address this issue before release?

Sent from my T-Mobile LG G2
Eric

ahsmatt7

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2014, 03:06:48 am »

Night shot from FSDT looks nothing like the real one below. FSDT has the wrong lighting color (white instead of the orangish sodium vapor lights like the airport has) and the apron is way too dark in the FSDT version. Clearly the apron light towers cast more ambient light in real world. And yes I know the real shot is at dusk but you can clearly see the apron is way more lit up than the FSDT version. Hey Umberto, why don't you all address this issue before release?

dude....go away...

B777ER

Re: Re: Re: Work in Progress / 05
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2014, 03:11:38 am »

dude....go away...

Why? Been here for years. You are a newbie. I have a right to express my opinion on a product that I will be paying for. The image released by FSDT does not look proper or realistic in terms of the night lighting. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant. I could care less about you or your opinion. I was addressing FSDT.  Your comment was useless at best.

Eric

ahsmatt7

Work in Progress / 05
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2014, 03:25:48 am »

dude....go away...

Why? Been here for years. You are a newbie. I have a right to express my opinion on a product that I will be paying for. The image released by FSDT does not look proper or realistic in terms of the night lighting. Whether you agree or not is irrelevant. I could care less about you or your opinion. I was addressing FSDT.  Your comment was useless at best.

mr. Internet tough guy, here's the deal. You're professionalism is non-existent. Your points are quite valid but how old are you? You are acting like a jack ass at best. It looks like you missed out on the class in life that explains how to approach some one and offer your point of view.

Newbie? So you are only looking at my post count? I have read almost every post in this forum since Zurich came out. I've been simming since 97. I've accomplished quite a bit in the real world aviation realm as well. Far from it.

Just so we are on the same page. I COULDN'T care less nor could anyone else about your opinion. Especially when you present it the way you did. Stay classy....

As for not addressing me....when I see someone acting like a disrespectful dingbat, I don't care who they are addressing, I address the disrespectful person so they know that the way the are acting is stupid and wrong.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 03:56:29 am »
Actually he has a point.  I am at that airport just about every day.  FSDT version looks nothing like the real life counter part in terms of lighting.  If we can switch the lighting or have the option to switch between then that would solve that.  Now other than that airport looks good.  "Still" ready for release.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

ahsmatt7

« Reply #10 on: July 03, 2014, 04:49:13 am »

Actually he has a point.  I am at that airport just about every day.  FSDT version looks nothing like the real life counter part in terms of lighting.  If we can switch the lighting or have the option to switch between then that would solve that.  Now other than that airport looks good.  "Still" ready for release.
You totally missed the entire point of my post. I never said I didn't agree with him about the lighting. I was never attacking him for his opinion. I was very blunt and direct and open about how he presented his opinion. That's what I was commenting on. Not his opinion. Some people are so blind to these things.

I am very familiar with KIAH. I grew up in Houston. And yes I do agree about the lighting. Just putting that out there because that's all people care about right now. Screw common courtesy these days....jeez.

wb2002

« Reply #11 on: July 03, 2014, 05:02:10 am »
Gentleman, I assume the last few post in this topic has been regarding the night shot airport look. Actually, at this point, I could care less about whether it looks exactly like the real thing or not. As long as I have been with flight simulation, there has always been updates and upgrades, and I am sure that sooner or later, there will be improvements with this scenery however perfect it is when released. In the meantime, let's keep in mind, this is just a game and games change in time but the attitudes we develop towards one another may last a life time.

I've got my credit card, pc, internet connection, and nitro glycerin tablets ready.  ;D

As I stated before, I am ready to buy "As Is".  :)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2014, 05:08:32 am by wb2002 »
wb2002

ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2
Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64
EVGA GTX 580/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU

ahsmatt7

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2014, 05:07:37 am »

Gentleman, I assume the last few post in this topic has been regarding the night shot airport look. Actually, at this point, I could care less about whether it looks exactly like the real thing or not. As long as I have been with flight simulation, there has always been updates and upgrades, and I am sure that sooner or later, there will be improvements with this scenery. In the meantime, let's keep in mind, this is just a game and games change in time but the attitudes we develop towards one another may last a life time.

I've got my credit card, pc, internet connection, and nitro glycerin ready. glycerin

i honestly couldn't have said it better myself! It's just night lighting. The way we treat each other is much more important. That's why I got so defensive and heated.

Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of KIAH in this quality. I was so pumped when another old developer made one but I couldn't get it because I was too young to make my own money. That being said, this release is huge for me. That being said, we should all do a fly in when it is released!

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2014, 05:34:08 am »

You totally missed the entire point of my post. I never said I didn't agree with him about the lighting. I was never attacking him for his opinion. I was very blunt and direct and open about how he presented his opinion. That's what I was commenting on. Not his opinion. Some people are so blind to these things.

I am very familiar with KIAH. I grew up in Houston. And yes I do agree about the lighting. Just putting that out there because that's all people care about right now. Screw common courtesy these days....jeez.

Just brush it off....no big deal.  I got exactly what you were saying.  However, if you grew up in Houston then you should know that all people are not "naturally" courteous "ESPECIALLY" in Harris County Texas.  So cool out.  :)  It will be ok, sir.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2014, 05:36:13 am »

Gentleman, I assume the last few post in this topic has been regarding the night shot airport look. Actually, at this point, I could care less about whether it looks exactly like the real thing or not. As long as I have been with flight simulation, there has always been updates and upgrades, and I am sure that sooner or later, there will be improvements with this scenery. In the meantime, let's keep in mind, this is just a game and games change in time but the attitudes we develop towards one another may last a life time.

I've got my credit card, pc, internet connection, and nitro glycerin ready. glycerin

i honestly couldn't have said it better myself! It's just night lighting. The way we treat each other is much more important. That's why I got so defensive and heated.

Ever since I was a kid, I dreamed of KIAH in this quality. I was so pumped when another old developer made one but I couldn't get it because I was too young to make my own money. That being said, this release is huge for me. That being said, we should all do a fly in when it is released!

I 2nd that.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020