Author Topic: Outstanding Scenery - Again!  (Read 11570 times)

streichholz

Outstanding Scenery - Again!
« on: July 05, 2014, 12:23:38 am »
Very well done Virtuali. Another stunning scenery from FSDreamteam. As a german I love to fly in the USA / Canada (Vancouver) with my 737 because of your airports. I wish you could do some german/european airports. ::)

So I tested Houston and the performance is great. Tomorrow I will buy this nice scenery. It's a great airport for the comming PMDG 777-300ER. ;D

Great work as always. Keep it up. :)

Cheers

Brian S

Re: Outstanding Scenery - Again!
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2014, 12:32:21 am »
Scenery looks great and good on framerates with 100% AI.   I just tested it for the first time, and there was a thunderstorm in the area.  All of the tarmacs, taxiways and runways have a blotchy look to them.  Is that simulating puddles of rain?   Quite frankly, if that's what it is, it's not very appealing.  If that's not it, not sure what I am seeing.  Thanks for your efforts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2014, 12:39:14 am »
I just tested it for the first time, and there was a thunderstorm in the area.  All of the tarmacs, taxiways and runways have a blotchy look to them.  Is that simulating puddles of rain? 

That's the FSX default shader for wet surfaces, all our sceneries always use it, but the effect changes depending on which custom-refraction map is used, we'll try to tone it down.

Brian S

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2014, 12:54:01 am »
I just tested it for the first time, and there was a thunderstorm in the area.  All of the tarmacs, taxiways and runways have a blotchy look to them.  Is that simulating puddles of rain? 

That's the FSX default shader for wet surfaces, all our sceneries always use it, but the effect changes depending on which custom-refraction map is used, we'll try to tone it down.

Thanks.  Yeah, it's kind of a mess.  Does not looks good at all. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2014, 02:16:15 am »
Thanks.  Yeah, it's kind of a mess.  Does not looks good at all. 

Download the Attached file and unzip it in the FSX\fsdreamteam\KIAH\texture folder

Brian S

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2014, 02:34:44 am »
Much better Umberto with the zip file attachment.  Still gives you the look of dampened pavement with it being overkill.   AFCAD might need a little work.  I had Singapore Airlines, Spirit and US Airways all parking in the cargo apron.  Will definitely buy this one.  Thanks. 

abrinson

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2014, 06:09:34 am »
This is pretty great scenery. This one seems different to all of my other sceneries because of the runway lighting as well as most other lights. It gives the airport a more fun feel at night. Everything seems to be great so far, I've only really tested it at night, but will do some more flying in the morning! Very excited for this airport. Maybe I'll move onto P3D v2 when more devs like PMDG go there, and I get enough money for the license for it. I knew it would come out today, which is why I planned my VA flights and had to guesstimate what time and I was just about an hour shy ;) I hope I'm not begging at the question when I ask, which project is next? Isn't it redoing LAS or something?
Alexander Brinson

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2014, 11:04:54 am »
Purchased, installed, registered, happy!

Great looking scenery! Cant wait to take BA195 or 197 to Houston  ;D
Chris Howard

Auctionner_75

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2014, 09:49:31 pm »
Yeah! The scenery looks fantastic, as usual FSDT level my only real gripes are those runxay/taxi textures :facepalm: