Author Topic: FSX stops every seconds at FSDT-Airports  (Read 5563 times)

MatthiasKNU

FSX stops every seconds at FSDT-Airports
« on: June 30, 2014, 10:37:08 am »
Hello,

I have a problem.
After asking this question in another forum, i dare to ask here!

I bought Chicago and Zurich from FSDT some days ago.

Unfortunatly, i can't really fly at these airports, because the FSX runs some seconds and then the FSX stops working for about 20 seconds. Then the FSX runs again some seconds and so on...

The performance is fantastic (while the FSX is running), so i can exclude a performance problem.
A problem with the anti-virus program i can exlude, too.

The problem appears, if the airport is in the range of sight.
It doesn't matter, at which airport (KORD or LSZH) i am flying.

What can I do?
Thanks in advance!

Matthias

My System:
I7-3770K, 16GB RAM, Radeon HD6850, 512GB SSD (for FSX), 128GB (for OS), Winodws 7 x64
Kind Regards
Matthias

My System:
I7-7820X@4,3 GHz, GTX980, 16 GB RAM, 3x 512 GB SSD, ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming
Sim: Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4.5, OS: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit (English)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX stops every seconds at FSDT-Airports
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 09:06:47 pm »
Unfortunatly, i can't really fly at these airports, because the FSX runs some seconds and then the FSX stops working for about 20 seconds. Then the FSX runs again some seconds and so on...

The most common cause for large pauses, is missing files for some scenery objects. Under a normal installation, this can't happen, because our installer obviously installs everything needed by the scenery. But if some other add-on has corrupted your FSX.CFG file, removing the line that contains one the default paths for Simobjects, they won't be found, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10245.msg80149.html#msg80149

Normally, this should result in a very noticeable pause of 2-3 seconds *exactly* every 4 seconds. 20 seconds of pause is really unheard of, but maybe if your system is otherwise overloaded, everything's possible.

So, the first thing would be checking your FSX.CFG to verify all SimobjectsPaths lines are there, and pointing to the correct folder.

MatthiasKNU

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2014, 08:46:40 am »
I checked the fsx.cfg, but all simobjectspath lines are ok.
The simobjects\Misc Folder is existing and the numbers are in sequence.

Kind Regards
Matthias

My System:
I7-7820X@4,3 GHz, GTX980, 16 GB RAM, 3x 512 GB SSD, ASUS ROG STRIX X299-E Gaming

MatthiasKNU

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2014, 10:39:28 am »
After some tests to get the airports to run, the buildings are missing.
I have restartet the couatl engine and reinstalled the airport and the Add-On Manager...

Kind Regards
Matthias

My System:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2014, 11:56:51 am »
After some tests to get the airports to run, the buildings are missing.  I have restartet the couatl engine and reinstalled the airport and the Add-On Manager...

Which means you have BOTH the Couatl and the Addon Manager menus ? If yes, there's nothing wrong with the software, the only possible cause why you don't see the buildings, if the Couatl menus and the Addon Manager menus are there, is that:

1) Your Simobjects paths are wrong, this if you STILL have the pauses, which you haven't specified now.

OR

2) You haven't installed the scenery itself, maybe you uninstalled it and forgot to reinstall it. The Addon Manager should tell you if a scenery is installed.

OR

3) You are using an old version of the scenery. Which doesn't seem likely, if you bought them recently.

MatthiasKNU

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2014, 02:28:28 pm »
I have the couatl menu and the Addon Manager menu.
The Simobjects paths are right, the pauses appeared at my test sometimes, sometimes not. If I don't start the couatl engine, the pauses don't appear.

The scenery is installed of course. The Addon Manager says the scenery is installed

I have Zurich Version 2.5 and Chicago is the newest version too.

Is it possible that a corrupt or double AFCAD-File causes this error?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:06:20 pm by MatthiasKNU »
Kind Regards
Matthias

My System: