Author Topic: Remove Ramp clutter and edit ADE  (Read 3778 times)

bradley27

Remove Ramp clutter and edit ADE
« on: June 21, 2014, 12:16:56 pm »
Can i remove the ramp clutter especially at the TBIT? Some clash with the AI traffic standing at gates...

Also as Ive stated with KJFK are you aware of what i can use to edit gate sizes and airlines per gate, save and then compile without there being errors in the scenery following the changes? I use Airport Design Editor 9X to edit gate radius sizes normally...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Remove Ramp clutter and edit ADE
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2014, 01:33:59 pm »
Can i remove the ramp clutter especially at the TBIT? Some clash with the AI traffic standing at gates...

Please, make an example of what you are referring to. Most of the objects in the scenery are NOT handled by .BGLs that can be removed with a standard program.

Also as Ive stated with KJFK are you aware of what i can use to edit gate sizes and airlines per gate, save and then compile without there being errors in the scenery following the changes? I use Airport Design Editor 9X to edit gate radius sizes normally...

That would be more like an ADE question. Our AFCADs are 100% legal standard SDK, if you can't open them and save them back without errors, that's an issue of the editor you use. And besides, which errors are you getting ?

bradley27

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2014, 05:47:47 pm »
As you can see there is one vehicle thats missing wheels, and in the others there's alot of ramp clutter etc that does add to the immersion i get that but it also clashes with user/AI aircraft.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2014, 10:07:44 pm »
 I use AFX to modify FSDT and FB parking and other non ADE files as it's so easy. It's not as fully featured as ADE but it gets the job done fast and with minimal fuss.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2014, 07:00:33 pm »
As you can see there is one vehicle thats missing wheels

That vehicle has wheels, you might not see them for the following reasons:

1) You are seeing it from too far away, so it's LOD-optimized

OR

2) You have the SmallPartsRejectRadius tweak set too high. Default is 1.

In any case, if it's a dynamic object, you can't remove it with ADE, because it's handled by the Addon Manager. Those objects are usually controlled by the "Scenery Complexity" slider.

And in the others there's alot of ramp clutter etc that does add to the immersion i get that but it also clashes with user/AI aircraft

Same as above. The Scenery Complexity slider is there for a reason, and the objects are designed to use it, which is obviously way more easier and logical than trying to edit the scenery itself, and of course it's much better, because you can changed it without even restarting the flight.