Author Topic: Is Honolulu making issues with AS Tahiti X  (Read 4771 times)

christiaan

Is Honolulu making issues with AS Tahiti X
« on: June 23, 2014, 12:32:50 pm »
Due to install Flightscene FSX NTAA I returned after a while to Aerosoft Tahiti X.

However have less vegetation and buildings than on their photo's, posted topic on several forums but as  yet only FlightScene has answered. They think that something is suppressing (excluding) the Tahiti X scenery (which is near the top in the  Library) to stop it showing.

I know from FTX forum that a file in AS Antarctica causes a similar problem in FTX New Zealand. (Have amongst other sceneries FTX Aust & NZ, FSGlobal 2008)

As FSDT Honolulu is the closes scenery I have to Tahiti ( apart from FTX NI)I wonder if there can be a file in Honolulu which may cause the problem.

Can attach photo's is required.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:44:53 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is Honolulu making issues with AS Tahiti X
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2014, 01:45:14 pm »
As FSDT Honolulu is the closes scenery I have to Tahiti ( apart from FTX NI)I wonder if there can be a file in Honolulu which may cause the problem.

Fact the closest (if you can call "close" a scenery more than 4000 km away) scenery is the one that "must" be the cause of the problem, has no ground. In fact, since this is likely a *bug* of a scenery with its boundaries or exclusion zones wrong, it can be everywhere.

Of course, PHNL doesn't have any wrong exclusion zones, and none of it's BGLs boundaries ever extend outside the normal airport area so no, nothing you reported can possibly caused by PHNL. Yes, I've checked it. Not because I wasn't already sure this wasn't the case, but just to be 100% sure.

You can easily verify this by disabling PHNL in the Scenery Library: you'll likely have the same bug at Tahiti, and this closes the issue about possibly be caused by  PHNL.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 01:46:55 pm by virtuali »

christiaan

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2014, 03:04:08 pm »
Thanks for your quick answer, you were right.

Tahiti unchecked gives the  same vegetation (trees) as the images on the product site but without the

buildings.

Have in scenery/world a TahitiX airtraffic bgl, can these sort of files affect scenery.

Once again thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2014, 10:05:03 pm »
Have in scenery/world a TahitiX airtraffic bgl, can these sort of files affect scenery.

Any scenery can cause this, but of course it's best if you look first for those that have something to do with the airport.