Author Topic: KDFW Problems  (Read 6135 times)

Pete S

KDFW Problems
« on: July 19, 2014, 10:15:07 pm »
I just reinstalled my FSX after a crash.

After reinstalling FSDT KDFW I got a terrain problem The terrain is completely screwed up with peaks and valleys at KDFW.

I saw all the updates to KDFW and installed them.
Now I can't get FSX started reports a Bglmanx Dynamic Link Library problem, and crashes the sim if I try to run it.  

Any idea as to what is going on? FSDT-KDFW used to work! The default FSX KDFW is looking fine!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 10:20:09 pm by Pete S »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KDFW Problems
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2014, 11:29:08 pm »
 Go into Control Panel, Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall  the scenery.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Pete S

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2014, 12:41:45 am »
Thank you Umberto, I performed all of the above steps, but still got the bglmanx error.
I also have the GSX installed, so I went ahead and deleted it all also.
With both programs uninstalled the FSX started normally.

My question is: When I go to reinstall both GSX and KDFW which should I install first? If I am to install DFW first should I also install the upgrade right after the install? I downloaded  and will install the latest Addon Manager. MyGSX is Ver 1.7.7 Is there a later version of the complete GSX?

What about the Terrain Elevation problem? The FSDT-KDFW is unusable with that problem I'm enclosing a picture of the problem!
The default KDFW does not have the elevation problem.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d10/petestep1/DFW2_zps99e6f76d.jpg?1405804076804
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 10:53:49 pm by virtuali »

Pete S

« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2014, 02:45:07 am »
Hooray!  :D

I finally got everything resolved.
I reinstalled GSX than KDFW  without running any updates and FSX worked just like it should!
The Terrain Mesh problem was resolve by reading a post in the GSX forum where someone stated that in the FTX Vector program the AEC needed to be turned off for some 3rd Party airports. After doing that the elevation problem was resolved and all is well.

Thanks, Umberto, for offering such great FSX addons and for patiently answering all of the (dumb) questions!  ;D

Pete S.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 02:46:45 am by Pete S »

alexzar14

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2014, 03:45:28 pm »
Hooray!  :D

The Terrain Mesh problem was resolve by reading a post in the GSX forum where someone stated that in the FTX Vector program the AEC needed to be turned off for some 3rd Party airports. After doing that the elevation problem was resolved and all is well.

Pete S.

Great there is a solution, I have the same problem with KDFW (and flightbeam's KDEN) will try to resolve it tonight.