Author Topic: Buildings around JFK  (Read 5458 times)

Medic2366

Buildings around JFK
« on: September 22, 2008, 07:31:39 am »
I love the new JFK scenery. As a New Yorker, it is about time that a great JFK scenery is released. Are there any plans to put buildings around JFK, like the racetrack and hotels that you see on the 13L approach?

Silverbird

Re: Buildings around JFK
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 05:54:21 pm »
I love the new JFK scenery. As a New Yorker, it is about time that a great JFK scenery is released. Are there any plans to put buildings around JFK, like the racetrack and hotels that you see on the 13L approach?

HI Medic2366 I really doubt it. I admit it would look cool. but it would add to frame rate isssues for some, even on fs9.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Dillon

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 05:31:28 am »

HI Medic2366 I really doubt it. I admit it would look cool. but it would add to frame rate isssues for some, even on fs9.

If these buildings are noticeable landmarks they should be there especially when you have a unique approach like the one for 13L...  Visual landmarks are essential when properly following an approach of this kind...

ThomasKaira

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:20:33 am »
Yes, and those landmarks are there.

Apart from the factory and racetrack (which are present, along with the LDINs at night), nothing else is needed for this airport, it's already superb enough. :)

smasma

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2008, 11:08:04 pm »
If I'm not mistaken I believe the last 13L landing lights outside of JFK territory is on a Ramada Hotel.  That would improve the airport a lot more if their were landing lights on it

http://maps.live.com/#JnE9eXAuUmFtYWRhK1BMYXphK2pmayU3ZXNzdC4wJTdlcGcuMSZiYj00MC42NjU2OTQ1MjU1ODgxJTdlLTczLjgwMjU5MDQ1MjkzNjclN2U0MC42NjM2NjMyNjk2MDIlN2UtNzMuODA3MjUyOTkxNTA2NA==