Author Topic: Most Buildings Gone, jetways still appear **SOLVED**  (Read 6094 times)

Dreamliner22

Most Buildings Gone, jetways still appear **SOLVED**
« on: June 18, 2014, 06:44:52 pm »
Ok so I've been loving my FSDT KORD. Until about a week ago. I had this problem before but it just worked itself out by changing the aliasing mode.  That didn't work this time + I never changed those settings in the first place away from what was working. Now, all buildings, except about half of the isolated United Terminal, are gone. Cars drive on air! But, the jetways are still there. They are attached to nothing.  I've tried the reinstall without anti virus on and exclude the two files. That still didn't work. I know I'm supposed to have two things from fsdt in addon manager. The coutal engine isn't there. So that's my issue. I'd love some assistance. Also I have an AMD driver if that helps at all. Thanks! Hope to hear from all of you tech savy flyers! Cause I'm lost.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:32:47 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Most Buildings Gone, jetways still appear
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2014, 09:40:45 pm »
I know I'm supposed to have two things from fsdt in addon manager. The coutal engine isn't there.

As explained many times already on the forum, when the Couatl menu is missing, the most common cause is the antivirus blocking it.

- Go into Control Panel, Uninstall the scenery and reply YES to the questions "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Couatl script engine ?"

- TURN YOUR ANTIVIRUS OFF.

With the antivirus still disabled, reinstall  the scenery.

- BEFORE launching FSX, configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\Couatl.exe

- Now you can turn your Antivirus on, and launch FSX

- Note if FSX asks permission to run the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs, reply YES to both

- When FSX loads, check if you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" and the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu.

If still doesn't work, be sure you are NOT running FSX into any of the "Compatibility" modes under Vista/Win7 ( right-click on FSX.EXE, select "Properties", select "Compatibility" and be sure NOTHING is enabled in that page)

If still doesn't work, maybe you also have inadvertently Un-trusted us as a Publisher, so nothing signed by us will run.

To fix this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

Dreamliner22

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 12:08:35 am »
I retried everything just as you stated.  Uninstalled scenery, turned off "real time protection" on Microsoft Security Essentials, excluded the two files, launched FSX, replied yes to run BOTH the couatl engine and addon manager.  Still no buildings and when I look under the add ons, couatl engine isn't there.  This was from one day to the next ORD stopped working.  I changed nothing to my knowledge, and it worked Monday and didn't work Tuesday.  I checked, you're not under un-trusted.  Also, FSX isn't in compatibility mode.  No adaptive sampling.  Nothing.  Please can you give me some other possible options here.  Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2014, 11:59:03 am »
Still no buildings and when I look under the add ons, couatl engine isn't there.  

Perhaps you have your preferences file corrupted, remove this folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl

then REINSTALL the scenery, using the current full installer.

Dreamliner22

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2014, 10:37:35 pm »
So that was the couatl.err file correct?

Dreamliner22

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2014, 10:50:08 pm »
If so, it did not work.

Dreamliner22

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2014, 10:51:59 pm »
When I copy and paste %APPDATA%\Virtuali\Couatl, it says this file does not exist. Darn I was really hoping this would work.  Any other ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2014, 02:19:54 am »
When I copy and paste %APPDATA%\Virtuali, it says this file does not exist.

It's %APPDATA%\Virtuali

Dreamliner22

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2014, 03:58:46 am »
deleting that whole folder worked! Thanks for the help sir! :)