Author Topic: Installer Won't Run, Refund?  (Read 7251 times)

futureflyerms

Installer Won't Run, Refund?
« on: June 11, 2014, 10:45:53 am »
Hello all. I recently tried downloading the newest version of KLAX, but the installer never ran. In my frustration, I ended up purchasing the older Cloud9 version, which wouldn't run either. I should have brought this issue to the forum prior to me buying the version I did, but it's over and done with now. Is it possible, however, to get a refund of my purchase of the Cloud9 version so I can get some help on the newest version of the scenery and then buy it? Thanks in advance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installer Won't Run, Refund?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 10:56:06 am »
If your system can't run any installer, it's obviously a problem with your system, which must be found.

I don't understand why, after *trying* the FSDT installer (meaning you are aware that all installers can be tested), you BOUGHT the Cloud9 version without even trying it. Do you think it's reasonable that we would release a "faulty" FSDT installer for a scenery which is fairly recent and supported, with only the 8-years old Cloud9 version working ??

We'll surely help you running the FSDT installer but, in order to get a refund for the Cloud9 version you bought by mistake, you will have to purchase the FSDT version first.

You are not even saying which sim you use. Since you bought the Cloud9 version, which is FS9 only, I can only assume you use FS9.

The most likely cause of the installer not running, is your antivirus, which is defective and it has blocked the installer from running, mistakenly thinking it might be a threat. It obviously isn't.

When the antivirus is at fault:

- Download and install with the antivirus TURNED OFF

- BEFORE launching FS9, configure the antivirus to exclude the following file from scanning:

YourFS9Folder\MODULES\BGLMAN.DLL

- Turn you can turn it back on and launch the sim.

futureflyerms

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 05:33:03 am »
I HAD to buy the Cloud9 version due to no download option available. I THOUGHT it would work since it is a different installer for a different program. I'm OBVIOUSLY installing it on FS9 since its only for that platform. No reason to treat a customer that way sir. All I'm asking for is some guidance on how to try and get the product you have made for simmers to work. Can you do that for me without the attitude? Yes its for FS9 and yes I disabled antivirus prior to downloading it and running the installer, actually had it disabled the whole time. The .DLL file isn't the problem because I have QWSIM 757 installed aswell. Also its not that the installer doesn't install the program, it doesn't ever start up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2014, 01:01:33 pm »
I HAD to buy the Cloud9 version due to no download option available.

What do you mean with this ? There's no difference whatsoever between Cloud9 KLAX and FSDT KLAX, as far as "download options" are concerned. They are BOTH available in Trial version, they are BOTH freely available before purchase. The one and only difference is that Cloud9 KLAS is available only for FS9, while FSDT KLAX is available for FSX too.

I THOUGHT it would work since it is a different installer for a different program

But of course, since BOTH installers are FREELY available in Trial, you can try both installers BEFORE purchasing. In fact, this is what you are normally supposed to do.

I'm OBVIOUSLY installing it on FS9 since its only for that platform.

I obviously had to ask: since you said you bought it the Cloud9 version just to see if that installer worked, when it's clear from our website that BOTH installers are freely available to test before purchasing, I had to be sure you didn't bought an FS9-only product and was trying to use it in FSX, because that's ANOTHER (Cloud9 KLAX being for FS9 only) explained on our site that you MIGHT have missed, just like the fact that BOTH FSDT and Cloud9 versions can be freely downloaded and installed before purchasing.

No reason to treat a customer that way sir. All I'm asking for is some guidance on how to try and get the product you have made for simmers to work. Can you do that for me without the attitude?

Now I lost you entirely. What's the meaning of "treat a customer that way" ? What "way" ? I simply asked you why you *bought* the Cloud9 version, when it could install it before purchasing, and indicated you a procedure to check if the antivirus could be the problem. How that translates into a "treat a customer that way", and "the attitude", is really beyond me.

If you are worried about your refund, don't. You WILL get a refund for the Cloud9 version you bought by mistake, but only after we'll manage to fix your FSDT version not starting up.

Also its not that the installer doesn't install the program, it doesn't ever start up.

If the installer doesn't even display the first page, it might be due to the following:

- It's just taking its time to uncompress all files in the Windows temporary folder. If you have an antivirus enabled, it will take even more time than normal, because the antivirus is scanning all files while they are being uncompressed

- If, during that time, you double-clicked again on the setup exe file, you caused the 2nd copy to be "stuck", requiring a Windows restart.

So, before being sure the installer doesn't start, try to launching it again after a Windows restart, and wait a couple of minutes. Don't double-click again on it if it doesn't come up.