Author Topic: Missing taxi signs K, K1, K2 **SOLVED**  (Read 16989 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing taxi signs K, K1, K2
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 12:26:45 am »
Look at the green glow, it is not aligned with the ground where the actual light is. All of them are mis-aligned.

And as I've said, that's how the scenery is made, and it has been like that for years.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2014, 12:38:59 am »
What about with the pmdg 777?

Doesn't make any difference. Screenshot attached, before and after, same parking.

p3dx3

« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2014, 12:40:21 am »
So you have no idea why this might be happening? Nothing I can do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2014, 12:51:32 am »
So you have no idea why this might be happening? Nothing I can do?

I already told you everything you can try to reinstall, and I'm unable to replicate your problem, which nobody else has reported either. What can I do under these circumstances ?

Does it happen with another airplane ? Perhaps your are close to memory exhaustion, or your Simconnect data channel is clobbered by other add-ons sending too many commands, so the Addon Manager can't talk with FSX anymore. This is very rare, but it might happen.

p3dx3

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2014, 02:51:16 am »
It happens with any airplane I try, I am not running any other addons now, no weather.. I have FTX Vector installed but KORD is disabled in their program. I reinstalled GSX, KORD, the Addon Manager. It does not happen at any other airport. Only KORD. Tried other airports like LAX JFK, does not happen. I have all your other airports. I don't have performance problems. My sim is stable. There is some conflict here and there must be a way to find what is causing the bug. It is a recent occurrence, since one of the last gsx updates. The second I activate GSX at the airport everything in a small radius disappears.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 03:13:55 am by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2014, 11:06:05 am »
The second I activate GSX at the airport everything in a small radius disappears.

As I've said, several times already (and posted many screenshots about it), it doesn't happen here, using the same airplane you use and the same parking.

But not only that, it simply shouldn't happen because, even if there was a problem with GSX in your system that would cause GSX crashing after having selected it, you should have seen KORD *buildings* to disappear, not the taxiway signs, which in this scenery are handled by the Addon Manager instead.

More recent sceneries, like KDFW, have a feature that ALLOWS GSX to remove smaller objects around a parking when you select a parking in GSX, but KORD doesn't use it, so GSX cannot remove them.

Do you have the "View Optimization" option enabled in the Addon Manager ? That option is turned OFF by default, and it's best to keep it that way, it was just used to help fps with low-end systems. But again, that option would affect objects regardless if you use GSX or not.

You might also try to remove your FSX.CFG file located under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX, perhaps there's a tweak you added which shouldn't be used.

p3dx3

« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2014, 05:16:26 am »
I removed the fsdt section from my fsx.cfg, did not fix. Tried new fsx.cfg file, still not fixed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2014, 10:04:44 am »
I removed the fsdt section from my fsx.cfg, did not fix. Tried new fsx.cfg file, still not fixed.

I don't have anything to add. Still can't be replicated in any way, and nobody else reported it so far. The only possible explanation left, you have a conflicting program running, which we didn't know about it.

Try to disable ALL your 3rd party modules in you DLL.XML and EXE.XML files (leaving enabled just bglmanx.dll in the DLL.XML file and couatl.exe in the EXE.XML file), and see if it makes any difference. If it does, re-enable all your add-on modules, one by one, until you find the problem.

p3dx3

« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2014, 08:24:37 pm »
Nothing fixes it, I have tried everything. Is there a bug where turning on view optimization may not be able to turn off even after I have disabled it? That is my only guess... I guess I will just have to live with no gsx at kord.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 08:26:30 pm by 413x3 »

p3dx3

« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2014, 12:24:16 am »
Can you give me the steps for uninstalling and removing gsx completely? I would like to try that if you have no other suggestions for what might be causing it.

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2014, 02:19:03 am »
Can you give me the steps for uninstalling and removing gsx completely?

Uninstall it, reply YES to the "Do you want to remove the Couatl engine ?" and then remove the following folders:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

Then reinstall it.

p3dx3

« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2014, 06:25:09 am »
I will try that uninstall then reinstall. Should I remove the customized airport files, and the custom file for my airplane? What is weird is I just landed at ORD, taxied to south parking 17, and called for deboarding... and nothing disappeared! It only happens when I load fsx at KORD and call for deboarding.

p3dx3

« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2014, 08:52:02 am »
Think I found the cause. The shader3 mod. I removed it to try and fix another problem and nothing disappears now when calling for loading or unloading. Sorry for this long thread, it was my fault all along.