Author Topic: Missing taxi signs K, K1, K2 **SOLVED**  (Read 17009 times)

p3dx3

Missing taxi signs K, K1, K2 **SOLVED**
« on: June 07, 2014, 01:07:03 am »
me again, After running the ORD installer again to fix the missing texture bug, I am missing taxiway signs at the south cargo area. Taxiway K, K1, and K2 have no signs

http://i.imgur.com/z2QOZXu.jpg
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 01:29:11 pm by virtuali »

p3dx3

Re: Missing taxi signs K, K1, K2
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 03:25:25 am »
All my taxi signs are gone south of runway 10

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 11:48:41 am »
Doesn't happen here, as you can see from the attached screenshot, taken at exact coordinates of your screenshot.

Do you use the CURRENT installer for KORD ? If you are not sure, download it again.

p3dx3

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 01:07:31 pm »
I redownloaded and the taxi signs are back, I don't know what happened. I thought I downloaded the installer last week to fix the missing textures. Thanks

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 03:17:27 am »
I spoke too soon. It happened again tonight, the taxi signs disappear when in GSX I select "prepare for departure"

I setup gsx at the airport so pushback is disbaled. I pressed "prepare for pushback and departure" and it said "have a nice flight" but all the pallets at the cargo ramp disappeared and so did the taxiway signs south of runway 10. ORD is very messed up now. The taxi lights north of runway 10 are not aligned properly. The taxi signs all disappeared by south cargo as did the taxilights. What happened? All after I ran the installer again, it made everything worse.

Do I have to run the addon manager installer after the ord installer? I will try that once my flight is over.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 04:13:38 am by 413x3 »

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 04:17:31 am »
Reinstall did not fix it, after using GSX and pushing back my taxi signs around me disappear and all the green center taxi lights are misaligned.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 04:23:25 am by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2014, 11:40:10 am »
I spoke too soon. It happened again tonight, the taxi signs disappear when in GSX I select "prepare for departure"

Doesn't happen here, see the attached screenshot. You haven't said which parking you started from in GSX, so I chose Parking 29 of the South Cargo area, which is close to the position you reported earlier.

I setup gsx at the airport so pushback is disbaled.

This will disable just the actual pushback, but not the parking preparation that would caused all GSX vehicles to appear.

I pressed "prepare for pushback and departure" and it said "have a nice flight" but all the pallets at the cargo ramp disappeared and so did the taxiway signs south of runway 10.

Although it's a bit unusual you would want to start a pushback after you disabled it, I tried doing the same, and no, after GSX says "Have a good trip" (without having done any pushback), nothing disappears.

Do I have to run the addon manager installer after the ord installer? I will try that once my flight is over.

You don't have to do anything, if you use the CURRENT version of the installer. As explained many times already on the forum, every scenery installer comes with everything needed for it to run, you only need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager if you want to update that one without downloading the scenery again but, if you ARE using the latest version of the scenery installer, you don't need to do anything else.

I still think there's something outdated with your installation.

Some of our sceneries have GSX remove automatically all ground details around a parking when you start GSX, but in order to do this, a scenery must be specifically programmed for it, and KORD is not so, lacking any special programming, preparing a parking for GSX won't touch ANYTHING.

Could be the problem is caused by an outdated FSUIPC instead ? None of our products use it or requires it but, if you have it installed because of another product, and it's outdated, it IS able to remove parts of our sceneries, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9866.msg77709.html#msg77709

p3dx3

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2014, 03:12:46 am »
It was south parking 17.

I deleted the ORD scenery folders then reinstalled to make sure I had the latest files. I then installed GSX then the addon manager.

All the green taxi lights are misaligned and the taxi signs around me disappeared. It only happens at ORD, JFK was fine.

I have the latest version of fsuipc.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 03:51:38 am by 413x3 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2014, 12:29:01 pm »
I deleted the ORD scenery folders then reinstalled to make sure I had the latest files.

Removing the scenery files doesn't do anything, and of course the installer will remove the automatically if you Uninstall it first. But those files are just a small part of the scenery, there are a lof of other files that makes for it.

The only way to remove everything, is to run the Uninstaller, and then reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?" and "Do you want to remove the Couatl scripting engine ?"

Then, reinstall using the CURRENT installer. You will have to reinstall GSX too, after removing the Couatl engine.

All the green taxi lights are misaligned and the taxi signs around me disappeared. It only happens at ORD, JFK was fine.

As I've said ( and tested, see all my screenshots ), doesn't happen, and nobody else reported it.

Misplaced taxi lights are an entirely different issue, that can only be caused by another scenery in conflict.

Disappearing taxiways after pushback, simply doesn't happen, surely not under control of any of our product. They can't, because in this scenery, they are controlled by the Addon Manager, while GSX is controlled only by the Couatl engine. Even if the whole Couatl engine crashed due to a problem with the pushback, you will probably lose the scenery *buildings*, but the taxiway signs would remain.

p3dx3

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2014, 08:00:50 pm »
No scenery conflicts

http://i.imgur.com/sprwbSi.jpg

AP_KORD.bgl is the only afcad file active. I have FTX Vector and Global but the latest version and the AEC is disabled for KORD.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:39:09 pm by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2014, 08:07:47 pm »
Sitting at South Parking 17, just loaded fsx, everything normal

http://i.imgur.com/3nWhJJb.jpg

Now I activate gsx to "unload"

taxi signs have now disappeared

http://i.imgur.com/ZWvCRHE.jpg

« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:40:00 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2014, 09:44:41 pm »
No scenery conflicts

But there's nothing wrong in your screenshot either. That's how the scenery is made, and it has been like that for years. The taxi lights are not an issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2014, 09:51:02 pm »
Sitting at South Parking 17, just loaded fsx, everything normal

Now I activate gsx to "unload"

taxi signs have now disappeared

Did the same and, of course, nothing happens and nothing disappears, see the attached screenshots, taken at South Parking 17, before and after having selected "Deboarding" with GSX.

p3dx3

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2014, 11:11:27 pm »
Look at the green glow, it is not aligned with the ground where the actual light is. All of them are mis-aligned.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:26:14 am by virtuali »

p3dx3

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2014, 11:12:27 pm »
What about with the pmdg 777? Is there anything I can change to test? This only happens to me at KORD.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 12:27:30 am by virtuali »