Author Topic: Kfll Black Boxes again but this time no solution **SOLVED**  (Read 9976 times)

chemanuel

KFLL has been working fine since I purchased it when it came out. One time I got the black boxes but re-installing it fixed the issue. This time it just won't work.

1. Win 7 64 bit
2. Is not an antivirus issue, the software has been working fine and I got no warnings from it.
3. I uninstall everything and install it again.
4. I re-install it, addon manager is in the menu as well as the coualt engine.
5. I updated the coualt, re-started it. nothing... nada... sip  black boxes
6. FSX is the one that gave me a warning regarding this BAD bglmanx file!
7. I ran it my FSX went crazy, not starting at all.
8. Remove the entry from the fsx dll.xml  finally FSX started.
9. I read the forum, downloaded another bglmanx file, now FSX starts ask me abnout the file I ran it, but still black boxes.
10. Finally in the addon, it says, Scenery active but not in the scenery library.  It is there the first line on top of everything. it was working fine before. But I discover that on the top is referring to my PREPAR3D installation but the installer installs it in my FSX installation and all the files and folders are in FSX. There no Prepar3d KFLL installation.  I link to it originally on the FSX scenery folder but it has been removed.

I'm out of solutions, its my favorite airport...

Chemanuel
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:29:37 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Kfll Black Boxes again but this time no solution.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 11:18:24 pm »
9. I read the forum, downloaded another bglmanx file, now FSX starts ask me abnout the file I ran it, but still black boxes.

It's not very clear from your message, what do you mean with "black boxes".

10. Finally in the addon, it says, Scenery active but not in the scenery library.  It is there the first line on top of everything. it was working fine before. But I discover that on the top is referring to my PREPAR3D installation but the installer installs it in my FSX installation and all the files and folders are in FSX. There no Prepar3d KFLL installation.  I link to it originally on the FSX scenery folder but it has been removed.

Please clarify precisely what do you mean with this. What is referring to your P3D installation ? And what do you mean with "I link to it originally on the FSX scenery folder".

chemanuel

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 02:04:11 am »
Sorry I called them black boxes, no buildings...the black squares, the ground shadows...

Regarding the Prepar3d installation I linked some of my FSX sceneries,  instead of installing again the scenery I added it through the FSX addon folder...

Addon manager refers to my prepar3d installation instead of the FSX which is where I installed the scenery..like a mixed up...

this is why it says, kfll active BUT NOT in the scenery list, it is in FSX where I install it , is not on the prepar3d, but the addon manager on the top right corner refers to this being into prepar3d

KFLL is not installed into Prepar3d... but addon manager thinks it is... even though it was installed into FSX.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 02:05:37 pm by chemanuel »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 09:10:13 am »
Sorry I called them black boxes, no buildings...the black squares, the ground shadows...

Now that's an entirely different description: you don't see any boxes, you are just missing buildings.

Regarding the Prepar3d installation I linked some of my FSX sceneries,  instead of installing again the scenery I added it through the FSX addon folder...

That's your problem, you just can't do that. This WILL cause missing buildings. The only way to install our products into P3D is, of course, run the installer and let it install into P3D.

chemanuel

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 05:17:41 pm »
As I explained in my previous comment...  Kfll was not linked into prepar3d and was not installed into prepared. That was other sceneries and those work perfectly fine.
Again... I installed the scenery into fsx  as i've done before,
It is in the scenery library , first line...  coualt is installed... addon manager is installed.
The installer warns me that Prepar3d is installed but that is going to install in fsx... like prepar3d is the default choice.
Then when I open addon manager in FSX on the top its refering to prepar3d...it is going to save the settings into prepared.  It says the scenery is active but not in the scenery list... (is not in the prepared list... obviously i did not install there) It is what i have explained   before.  The installer is not asking me where i want to install. Its making its own decisions. I've had the no buildings issue in the past and have uninstalled everything and re-installed and solved the problem... this is a different issue. When I run the installer is not asking me where i want to install... its asumming its into prepar3d when in fact its installing into fsx.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:23:12 pm by chemanuel »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 11:01:58 am »
repar3d is the default choice.Then when I open addon manager in FSX on the top its refering to prepar3d...it is going to save the settings into prepared.  

That's likely because you used the P3D Migration Tool, and forgot to turn it off. You MUST turn if off when:

- You want to use FSX. If you don't turn if off when using FSX, your FSX registry keys will point to the P3D installation!

- You want to install a P3D-aware product (all our own are) into P3D

chemanuel

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 11:51:36 pm »
I thought that but I already checked with FSXREG Utility... FSX registry points to the actual FSX installation folder, and there is where KFLL installation files are going after warning me that Prepar3d is also installed. Migration tool was uninstalled from the system this is why this is driving me crazy.

After reading your comment I went to the Migration tool forum... it was NOT installed in my system, I installed a new version they sent me

1. Ran it
2, Created a Virtual FSX
3. Disable it successfully
4. uninstall Migration tool.
5. KFLL installer STILLS WARNS me that If I want to install into Prepard.
6. I click NO
7. It tells me that... Files will be installed then into FSX...
8. I GOT BUILDINGS!

This has been the process 3 times, the difference a new version of Migration tool

My face :)

Thanks for the help!

« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 12:21:14 am by chemanuel »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 10:29:31 am »
5. KFLL installer STILLS WARNS me that If I want to install into Prepard.

It's NOT a warning! It's a REQUEST. The installer first checks if you have P3D, and if it finds it, it will ASK you if you want to install it there. If you say NO, it will go into FSX. That how's supposed to work.

This has been the process 3 times, the difference a new version of Migration tool

I was quite sure it wasn't anything related to any of our products...the Migration tool is a potentially very dangerous tool, a bug in it could create lots of issues to proper installers (like our own) that works in P3D and FSX.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:31:41 am by virtuali »

chemanuel

Re: Kfll Black Boxes again but this time no solution **SOLVED**
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 11:52:07 pm »
All the times I re-installed, the installation went into FSX folders ans the registry was pointing to the correct folders. What is what that little tool do besides changing registry is a shock!

Then If I Install it into Prepar3d should it work without affecting FSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Kfll Black Boxes again but this time no solution **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2014, 12:52:45 am »
All the times I re-installed, the installation went into FSX folders ans the registry was pointing to the correct folders.

That's not enough to just "go into the folders", the Couatl and the Addon Manager programs, and the scenery BEHAVES differently if installed into P3D or FSX, access to some internal memory locations changes, object materials properties (not at KFLL, but in other sceneries it happens) are being changed in real-time depending on the sim, and so on.

So, P3D must be recognized properly, to complete the installation in P3D mode and let the software configured as such.

What is what that little tool do besides changing registry is a shock!

Yes, it changes the P3D.EXE too. It's a potentially dangerous tool, and we had lot of support issues caused by bugs introduced by it, or simply users that must understand the basic concept that the Migration Tool should be disabled when installing a proper P3D product.

Then If I Install it into Prepar3d should it work without affecting FSX?

If you install using our installer and NO Migration Tool enabled, and install in BOTH FSX and P3D, the scenery will work in both sims in entirely independent way.