Author Topic: Microstutters at KORD **SOLVED**  (Read 6356 times)

p3dx3

Microstutters at KORD **SOLVED**
« on: May 24, 2014, 03:00:15 am »
I ran the gsx update when promopted but it said a problem with installing one of the vehicles. So I downloaded the full gsx installer again and ran it, now I get microstutters with the framerate dropping to 2fps for a second every 10 seconds at KORD on the ground. This never happened before.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:25:00 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Microstutters after installing full gsx installer
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 11:26:25 am »
I ran the gsx update when promopted but it said a problem with installing one of the vehicles. So I downloaded the full gsx installer again and ran it, now I get microstutters with the framerate dropping to 2fps for a second every 10 seconds at KORD on the ground. This never happened before.

It cannot be a GSX problem, surely not if you are not started a GSX service.

Does it happen only at KORD ? Have you changed the Addon Manager Anti-pop up setting ? KORD is quite sensitive to that parameter, if it's low, you will save fps and memory at the cost of some minor stuttering, if it's high, you'll have lower average fps, but more constant.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 09:22:07 pm »
The problem went away after taking off KORD. It only started after installing the latest gsx update and getting an error, then installing the full gsx version. Do you suggest I install KORD over again? I have not had problems before this last update yesterday.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 08:33:13 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2014, 08:40:38 am »
Do you suggest I install KORD over again? I have not had problems before this last update yesterday.

Yes, but you should use the current installer. Or, download this smaller update:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10274.0.html

Sorry for not having provided with the correct solution immediately, I was mislead by your report of microstutters every 10 seconds, while in fact you should see more noticeable stutters, exactly every 5 seconds, due to the fact if you don't install that fix, you are missing some files in the scenery.

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 10:46:13 pm »
Thank you, installing it with the full installer fixed it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 10:24:42 am by virtuali »

Drumcode

Re: Microstutters at KORD **SOLVED**
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2014, 05:59:00 pm »
I am also getting the stutters, I will also report back after I run the installer.

Drumcode

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »
My stutters also went away after running the full installer. I'm glad I looked into this thread as I was already getting annoyed with it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 09:15:44 pm »
My stutters also went away after running the full installer. I'm glad I looked into this thread as I was already getting annoyed with it.

As I've said in my previous message, it would have been fixed even by downloading the small patch but yes, of course we always keep the full installers always and constantly updated (we sell in Trial version, so the installer must always be in the best possible shape), whenever a bug is reported and fixed.

So, as a general rule, with any of our products, before worrying about a problem, it's always best being sure you have the latest version of the product installed.