Author Topic: At 17:30 +/- local time...  (Read 17882 times)

B777ER

Re: At 17:30 +/- local time...
« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2008, 07:19:52 pm »
Well I can see FSDT will refuse to even look into these cdt issues. Funny I can fly into all 3rd party sceneries out with the LVLD 767 but now all of a sudden its my computer and cannot possibly be the scenery. I have even disabled Imaginesims kewr and klga. If it was just me getting them then maybe but with a bunch of us getting them..... If anyone finds a solution let me know because according to virtuali, its not there problem but ours.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2008, 07:31:17 pm »
Well I can see FSDT will refuse to even look into these cdt issues.

It's because we ALREADY looked into these issue, that you have beein given those explanation. If you search for messages about JFK and CTD, and follow all threads to the end, you'll find that EVERY user eventually found the culprit was either an AI texture, a corrupted BGL, a corrupted scenery.cfg, an antivirus program or something else and they SOLVED the issue. An user even found out that a BUILDING crash (which surely" looks like a scenery problem) was caused by an AIRPLANE!

Funny I can fly into all 3rd party sceneries out with the LVLD 767 but now all of a sudden its my computer and cannot possibly be the scenery.

Have you experienced any crash at JFK with a clean FS9 installation with a default airplane ? Have you even tried ?

I haven't said it CANNOT possibly be the scenery, it's just that it's very unlikely, and it's more likely that JFK is simply taking that little bit more amount of memory that, on your system, simply made you crossing that borderline between being able to fly and crashing.

B777ER

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2008, 10:23:14 pm »
Umberto- yes I have. Default and third party aircraft into default and even some third party freeware scenerys result in no crashes of the sim. Just the FSDT one.
Eric

B777ER

« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2008, 10:30:02 pm »
To clarify my last post, that was default JFK and third party JFK sceneries.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2008, 10:48:29 pm »
Umberto- yes I have. Default and third party aircraft into default and even some third party freeware scenerys result in no crashes of the sim. Just the FSDT one.

I've haven't asked if you simply tried a default airplane and went to JFK. I've asked if you have tried JFK on a CLEAN FS9 installation with nothing else installed, and see if it crashes.

If you are saying JFK just crashes with a default airplane on an FS9 with nothing else installed, please post exact reproduction steps.

FM Lage

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2008, 12:14:58 am »
Thanks for your help.
Sorry about the delay in responding but I have a problem of health at home.
I opened the flight simulator without air traffic and the problem disappeared.
I have not had time to do other tests. When I go home I will do more testing.
As soon as I carry out further tests as I notice.

B777ER

« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2008, 12:23:42 am »
Umberto- I am not going to uninstall everything to just do that. I will try to just figure it out on my own later on. thanks.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2008, 12:30:54 am »
Umberto- I am not going to uninstall everything to just do that. I will try to just figure it out on my own later on.

I'm not really suggestion you have to do that. But, don't you think that, having a clean FS installation to test the product, is something that we routinely do ?

FYI, after your message, I've made a check with an utility that scans all BGL in the FS folder for missing textures...and JFK is clean.

B777ER

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2008, 03:46:13 am »
Thanks Umberto. I will have a deeper look into my folders and files to see if there are any stragglers hanging around that might be causing this issue.

Eric