Author Topic: So WHy Am I Just Seeing Jetways?  (Read 12481 times)

vc-10man

So WHy Am I Just Seeing Jetways?
« on: May 12, 2014, 08:52:33 pm »
After numerous in-sim prompts to update Add-on Manager/Couatl, why is it that all of a sudden, and more so after a re-install, and a new Add-on Manager, despite seeing this airport showing as installed and Active, all I see is jetways as per attached?

Edit: Ignore.A re-start soon fixed it after Add-on re-install. All normal now.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 09:03:42 pm by vc-10man »

nevada air

Re: So WHy Am I Just Seeing Jetways?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2014, 07:23:30 pm »
I have the similar problem. In my case the terminal building will disappear after about two minutes left with jetways. I have tried re-installs, adjust settings, updates, turn off firewalls and etc. Two team mates I fly with has the exact same problem. I don't have problems with any other scenery. Just fsdreamteam scenery. I am about to give up on it.... So far the post I've seen don't work to solve the problem.... 

John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 10:27:33 am »
I have the similar problem. In my case the terminal building will disappear after about two minutes left with jetways.

It's not two minutes, it should be 5 minutes from when you selected the airport in the create flight menu so, if your system is very slow, it will be 5 minutes minus the time it takes for load the scenery.

In that case, that seems you are still in Trial mode but of course, since you don't say if you purchased the scenery or not, it's not possible to say for sure if you *are* in Trial mode or, for some reason, your computer (because of a settings problems) behave AS IF you were in Trial mode.

alphaklg

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2015, 03:18:50 pm »
I have exactly the same issue it's quite annoying.
I had re installed all FSDT sceneries and worked fine once.
When restarting FSX all problems come back again.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 04:53:36 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2015, 04:58:19 pm »
First, try not to use offensive comments and words, because they will be first edited, and if you continue, will grant you a ban on the forum. BTW, welcome to the forum, and to your first post...

First, before saying "I have *exactly* the same problem", it must be checked if this is really the case. Missing buildings is the effect, not the cause. The effect might looks the same, but the causes might be many.

Even in this thread, there were two posts which SEEMS to be "similar", but in fact they are entirely different, because one said buildings disappeared after some minutes, which simply indicates everything's working, but the scenery was still not activated but, since the user never came back to report, we'll never know for sure.

So, the first question is: do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under the FSX "Addons" menu ?

alphaklg

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 01:07:49 pm »
Hi team,

Just re installed everything from scratch, after dowloading each installer from the site.
It appears that the COATL module is either not starting or crashing at some point when FSX is launched. It's really annoying i can't basically not use FSDT airports anymore.
Any idea how to fix that ?

« Last Edit: May 09, 2015, 01:15:53 pm by alphaklg »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2015, 01:44:47 pm »
It appears that the COATL module is either not starting or crashing at some point when FSX is launched.

Not starting it's totally different than crashing. A crash should leave some traces, like an error message. Not starting, it's usually caused by either missing/corrupted system libraries on your system, or antivirus interference.

This thread indicates all the known solutions for missing menu items under the "Addons" menu:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,7545.msg62899.html#msg62899

As an alternative, you might try to install the latest Couatl 3 Public Beta, here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Which might work better on your system, since it requires different system libraries, which hopefully are correctly installed on your system.

alphaklg

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 03:17:19 pm »
Well,

Know i have new fsx config file nad new couatl.
Whenever i try to start a flight in one of FSDT airports or try to move the plane to these airports COUATL crashes (little window with the message) then i end with the airport with no buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2015, 03:50:33 pm »
Whenever i try to start a flight in one of FSDT airports or try to move the plane to these airports COUATL crashes (little window with the message) then i end with the airport with no buildings.

So, it's Couatl crashing, not Couatl not loading, which makes all the previous suggestions (which were about "Couatl not loading", the most common case) useless.

So, let's try from start, following now the "Couatl crashing" trail...

You said "Whenever i try to start a flight in one of FSDT airports". Do you mean there are no crashes on non-FSDT airports ?

alphaklg

« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2015, 04:49:39 pm »
Hi,

Yes for instance if i start at KPSP or KSAN airports it's all fine.
When i try to start a flight at KLAS or KLAX or KORD or KJFK during the loading period of FSX, i have the small window saying couatl has stopped.
I've checked  if you're a trusted publisher = ok
Antivirus should trust both COUTL.exe and bglman.dll and the FSX folder and the FSDT folder.
Have a new FSX config.

I never had an issue with FSDT before installing QualityWings 757. Unistalled since then.

"ignature du problème :
  Nom d’événement de problème:   APPCRASH
  Nom de l’application:   couatl.exe
  Version de l’application:   2.0.0.2378
  Horodatage de l’application:   54bec650
  Nom du module par défaut:   couatl.exe
  Version du module par défaut:   2.0.0.2378
  Horodateur du module par défaut:   54bec650
  Code de l’exception:   c0000005
  Décalage de l’exception:   000028f6
  Version du système:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Identificateur de paramètres régionaux:   1036
  Information supplémentaire n° 1:   0a9e
  Information supplémentaire n° 2:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Information supplémentaire n° 3:   0a9e
  Information supplémentaire n° 4:   0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789"
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 01:09:55 pm by alphaklg »

alphaklg

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2015, 03:09:18 pm »
Hi FSDT support,

Managed to have it working (COUATL) with an old installer i kept from august 2014...no issues now.
Not sure what could be different between the installer of 2014 or the newest one from 2015.

If you're interested i can send you. Let me know.

What makes me feel unconfortable is when you release a new update or new product, it will not work as it should for me.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 09:07:21 pm by alphaklg »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 11:47:38 am »
Managed to have it working (COUATL) with an old installer i kept from august 2014...no issues now. Not sure what could be different between the installer of 2014 or the newest one from 2015.

The latest versions use the VC++ 2013 runtime libraries, which would make it more reliable. But if those libraries are missing/corrupted on your system, the program will not work, and of course it's not its fault.

The previous version required the VC++ 2005 runtimes so, if *those* are working on your system, you are mislead thinking the old version might be "better".

I never had an issue with FSDT before installing QualityWings 757. Unistalled since then.

It's not possible, because the QualityWings airplane doesn't use or install Couatl.exe.

What makes me feel unconfortable is when you release a new update or new product, it will not work as it should for me.

It obviously works for everyone, otherwise we would have thousands of users reporting the same problem. You might try to fix the problem in one of these ways:

- Download and install the VC++ 2013 runtimes from Microsoft, here:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-US/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Download and install BOTH the x64 AND the x86 versions. DO NOT download the "arm" version. And, restart Windows after installing them. Then REINSTALL the LATEST version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager. DO NOT use old installers!

OR

- Try the Couatl 3 Public Beta here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,11796.0.html

Note that, this will still require the VC++ 2013 runtimes so, before you try this, you must fix your problem with them, assuming you have one, which might seem to be the case.

alphaklg

« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2015, 01:17:23 pm »
Hi,

I did all steps quoted in previous post but results still the same, COUATL does not appear in the menu and the FSDT airports are nopt loading correctly.
The only turnaround is really in my case to use an old installer.
So not the Microsoft C++ ???
Any other thoughts?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2015, 12:35:07 pm »
ear in the menu and the FSDT airports are not loading correctly.
The only turnaround is really in my case to use an old installer. So not the Microsoft C++ ???

An old installer would automatically download both the Addon Manager and the Couatl programs as they are now so, it's not possible that just using an old installer would fix this.

Unless, with "old installer", you mean an old installer used by disconnecting the network cable, so it would not download the current files. Have you done that ?

alphaklg

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 06:42:21 pm »
Hi,

No i'm doing it online as "usual".