Author Topic: Scenery not installing  (Read 4808 times)

jgoggi

Scenery not installing
« on: September 25, 2008, 10:22:24 pm »
Hi, I downloaded the FS9 scenery but when I click on the exe file to install it I get the message "This program requires Windows NT version 5.01.2600 Service Pack 1 or later".
I do have Windows XP Professional, what is wrong with my configuration?
Thanks.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery not installing
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2008, 11:39:02 pm »
I do have Windows XP Professional, what is wrong with my configuration?

You probably don't have Window XP SP1 installed. "NT version 5.01.2600 Service Pack 1", in fact, is XP + SP1.

jgoggi

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 08:19:50 am »
Maybe I don't have it, but my computer is not connected to Internet so I can't understand why I am obliged to have SP1 to install the scenery. I installed hundred of addons and sceneries, even of the latest generation and never had this problem! Now I don't want to run the risk of having the computer messed up by installing SP1 and then not being able to use the scenery because it may be too heavy for my computer.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 12:12:08 pm »
Maybe I don't have it, but my computer is not connected to Internet so I can't understand why I am obliged to have SP1 to install the scenery.

XP SP1 it's NOT just a security update for computer connected to the internet!!  It has a LOT of basic OS functionality added, that don't have anything to do with internet security. Here's the list:

http://www-pc.uni-regensburg.de/systemsw/winxp/SP1/wxpsp1fixes.htm

Now I don't want to run the risk of having the computer messed up by installing SP1

You risk having your computer "messed up" by NOT installing it.