Author Topic: GSX sounds environmental  (Read 8690 times)

Joeblack

GSX sounds environmental
« on: April 29, 2014, 05:55:21 pm »
Please Can you help me?
How can I turn down the sound environmental of gsx?
When I start GSX in Prepar3d I feel a very strong sound of helicopter and other effects, how can turn down or delete this sounds?
Thanks
Giosuè

Joeblack

Re: GSX sounds environmental
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 07:51:36 pm »
Please can help me?

boilerbill

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 08:29:57 pm »

I use the Windows Volume Mixer feature to control what is sent to my system's speakers. To open it, right-click on the speaker icon in your taskbar and select Open Volume Mixer. (In keeping with the Windows philosophy, there are other ways to open it as well.) When opened, each program that has a sound component is shown. As you open or close new programs, the Volume Mixer box will expand or shrink. The volumes of the individual programs can be controlled independently, as shown in this diagram...

As you can see, the volumes from FSX and Couatl are controlled separately. Notice that Pandora is shown as well. I like to listen to music, but only when things settle down in cruise mode. The Volume Mixer gives me a way to control the volume from Pandora (or iTunes, or Windows Media Player) separately from the other programs.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

Joeblack

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 09:16:57 pm »
Hi Boilerbill
Thanks fo reply
This is only sistems for setting the sounds?
i can not to setting the sounds directly inside prepar3D or from gsx setting?

I use the Windows Volume Mixer feature to control what is sent to my system's speakers. To open it, right-click on the speaker icon in your taskbar and select Open Volume Mixer. (In keeping with the Windows philosophy, there are other ways to open it as well.) When opened, each program that has a sound component is shown. As you open or close new programs, the Volume Mixer box will expand or shrink. The volumes of the individual programs can be controlled independently, as shown in this diagram...

As you can see, the volumes from FSX and Couatl are controlled separately. Notice that Pandora is shown as well. I like to listen to music, but only when things settle down in cruise mode. The Volume Mixer gives me a way to control the volume from Pandora (or iTunes, or Windows Media Player) separately from the other programs.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 09:23:48 pm »

GSX has its own sound volume slider in its settings page.

Joeblack

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 10:45:01 pm »
Hi Virtuali
thanks for reply
Please look my photos

http://imageshack.com/a/img838/5710/yqwc.jpg

http://imageshack.com/a/img843/6339/iqb1.jpg

I have set in the slider volume of GSX all down....but the helicopter and other effect sound of GSX is always high
I can put down this gsx sound??

GSX has its own sound volume slider in its settings page.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:37:12 am by virtuali »

Hnla

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2014, 10:58:40 pm »
Did you seriously take a picture of your screen lol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 01:40:44 am »
I have set in the slider volume of GSX all down....but the helicopter and other effect sound of GSX is always high

There's no helicopter sound anywhere in GSX, that's why you don't see any difference, it must be a sound coming from FSX.

I can put down this gsx sound??

With the GSX sound slider which, of course, is in the SOUND settings page.

The other sound setting, the one in the "User Interface" section, as the name says, is JUST the sound of the GSX user interface sounds. Some users were annoyed by the "beep" when GSX is asking to open a door, or the "dong" when you forget to set parking brakes, the "User Interface" sound slider controls THOSE sounds only.

Joeblack

« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2014, 07:35:57 am »
Thanks Virtuali
I understand.......
But.....Why when I start GSX box open one type of sound very strong similar helicopter?
If I don't start GSX....I don't feel this sound???
I can delete or put down this sound?
Thanks again
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 01:00:01 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2014, 01:01:30 pm »
But.....Why when I start GSX box open one type of sound very strong similar helicopter?

There's no helicopter sound anywhere in GSX, or anything that remotely resembles it. Every GSX vehicle has its engine sound, but that's handled by FSX itself so, even if it's a "GSX vehicle", some sounds are still made by FSX and controlled by the FSX sound sliders. Additional sounds are controlled by GSX sound slider instead. Just try both.

Joeblack

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2014, 02:47:40 pm »
Thanks Virtuali
I Will test and inform you
Regards
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:51:59 pm by virtuali »

boilerbill

« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2014, 11:09:53 pm »
Did you seriously take a picture of your screen lol

If that's directed at me, no I didn't take a picture of my screen. I used the Snipping Tool that comes with Windows.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

Manolix

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2014, 11:28:00 pm »
To eliminate this unpleasant sound. All you need to do is isolate two files in P3D Sound Folder:

ai_singleprop01
xai_singleprop01

Compress and store them in another or in the same folder as a backup. Obviously remove both original

best regards