Author Topic: Cargo loader car not showing up **SOLVED**  (Read 5924 times)

aimhawkx

Cargo loader car not showing up **SOLVED**
« on: May 04, 2014, 02:21:58 am »
Okay, so I went into the GSX settings and chose " customize this airport position ".

I chose to use the cargo loader for the AFT cargo door and baggage loader for the front.

The problem is only one vehicle shows up  ( see picture )

http://i.imgur.com/8FUcnHD.png

Is this a problem with PMDG, FSX, or GSX?

thanks.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 12:42:28 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
First, what you are trying to achieve ?

You want to have the baggage loader in front for THIS specific parking only ? Or, it's something you want to use for that airplane at every place ? If you want to change the airplane configuration globally, you should use the airplane configuration screen, not the parking customization.

In any case, I've tried it now and no, I can set a baggage loader at KLAX parking 74, and I still set the aft cargo loader.

Which airplane you used, exactly ?

aimhawkx

First, what you are trying to achieve ?

You want to have the baggage loader in front for THIS specific parking only ? Or, it's something you want to use for that airplane at every place ? If you want to change the airplane configuration globally, you should use the airplane configuration screen, not the parking customization.

In any case, I've tried it now and no, I can set a baggage loader at KLAX parking 74, and I still set the aft cargo loader.

Which airplane you used, exactly ?
I am using the PMDG 737800 American Airlines livery.

I want to use the baggage loader for the front cargo door and the cargo loader for the aft cargo door. I tried to set it in the " customize this parking position menu " but then it glitches and only one shows up, hence the picture.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I want to use the baggage loader for the front cargo door and the cargo loader for the aft cargo door.

I'll repeat the question again: what you are trying to achieve ?

I tried to set it in the " customize this parking position menu " but then it glitches and only one shows up, hence the picture.

I've tried with the default 737 and the PMDG 777, and no, at the same gate 74 parking at FSD KLAX, it doesn't do that. I'll try it with the 737NGX too but again, please reply to the above question.

Have you configured that parking in other ways, compared to the config we supply with the scenery ? Are you using the KLAX customization file we supplied on the forum here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6645.0.html

And. are you using the configuration for the NGX that comes with GSX, or you configured it yourself ?

aimhawkx

to the first one, I want it to be set globally.

to the second one about the config, I havent messed with anything except for the default tool that you access through the coutl addon manager.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 06:55:20 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
to the first one, I want it to be set globally.

So, as I said in my previous two messages, the parking customization is NOT the correct place to do it because, as the option name says, it's related only to THAT parking.

Not that this doesn't make much difference. As I've said, it works correctly here.

[qutoe]to the second one about the config, I havent messed with anything except for the default tool that you access through the coutl addon manager.[/quote]

That's exactly the reason of my question. WHAT have you changed, using the parking customization ? And. as I've asked in my previous message, are you using the KLAX customization file we supplied on the forum here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,6645.0.html

aimhawkx

That's exactly the reason of my question. WHAT have you changed, using the parking customization ? And. as I've asked in my previous message, are you using the KLAX customization file we supplied on the forum here ?

kinda hard to explain but I changed the front loader to baggage loader and the Aft loader to cargo. No I am not using the KLAX customization file. If I should, I will download it. maybe that will fix it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
kinda hard to explain but I changed the front loader to baggage loader and the Aft loader to cargo.

That's the problem, you tried to use a cargo loader on a 737, which can't be done because:

- The 737 doesn't carry ULDs in real life

- The 737 cargo doors are too low to be reachable by the cargo loader

This was already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=6222.0

In addition to that, as I've said in my previous messages, the "customize parking positions" is NOT the correct place to change the configuration of your AIRPLANE. If you want to change the airplane configuration globally, you should use the airplane configuration screen, not the parking customization.

The reason for having an option to the parking is to allow enough flexibility to have an airplane that USUALLY use cargo loaders, but if a specific parking is too small for them to maneuver, you can specify a different loader or no loader at all, on a specific parking, without having to change the airplane configuration globally.

Not that this would have made any difference: you can't use a Cargo loader on a 737, regardless how you configure it, for reasons explained above.