Author Topic: Repeateable crash on taxiway along RWY 25R/07L  (Read 15359 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Repeateable crash on taxiway along RWY 25R/07L
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 01:10:46 pm »
Turning off Crash detection solves the problem, so i suspect it to be another crashbox issue.

It's not a crashbox issue. No object in FSDT KLAX even have a crashbox to begin with, and thing you are crashing on it's the mesh, NOT the scenery.

As I've said in my previous reply, there's no invisible object anywhere in the scenery, and the crash doesn't happen in the scenery. It can only be caused by a combination of settings and/or 3rd party meshes. Those meshes aren't usually pre-processed and smoothed out as the default mesh is and, due to how FSX works, higher resolution mesh will *always* take precedence, regardless of the layer ordering in the Scenery Library.

Not all airplanes reacts in the same way to a terrain hump, so it's absolutely normal you might not see on all airplanes, but again, it's nothing related to the scenery.

A way we might prevent it in *theory*, would be supplying KLAX with a FLAT mesh of an higher resolution than any 3rd party mesh out there but this, on top of being a waste of memory (potentially causing OOM that users would attribute to KLAX, when if fact it would be needed to correct other 3rd party meshes faults), it doesn't really work in reality, because when using such higher resolutions, rounding issues and artifacts will creep in, causing terrain "spikes" that will cause crashes all the same.

JensPeter

« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 04:06:40 pm »
Hello Again. and thanks for Your Quick reply.

To have it absolutely clear. If this is a Mesh problem (with FSGX 2010) How should the crash be shown in FSX (Crash or Object Collision or..?) it triggers me that changing the mesh setting does not produce any change, but turning off crash detection solves the problem.
I think i have to adress the problem for the folks at Pilots, because im not the only one having the issue, and have a very standard configuration.
I have no problems at other FSDT airports like KDFW,KJFK,KFLL,LSGG etc. but it is SO tiresome to prepare a flight just to be wiped out few minutes after gate departure  :(

Take care
JP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: October 19, 2015, 05:04:52 pm »
If this is a Mesh problem (with FSGX 2010) How should the crash be shown in FSX (Crash or Object Collision or..?)

There's no such thing as a "crash on mesh" message in FSX so, it might appear either as just a "crash", or an "object crash", without this mean anything.

but turning off crash detection solves the problem.

Of course it does. Where you expecting any differently ? It's obvious that, if you disable crash detection, you will never crash into anything, *including* over a mesh.

You can do a simple test:

- Does the crash happens if you DISABLE the 3rd party mesh from the Scenery Library ?

JensPeter

« Reply #18 on: October 20, 2015, 04:35:36 pm »
Hello Again

I have now tested KLAX without ANY other scenery product active, and the problem still exsist. i Have closely looked through the Scenery/World/Scenery folder, but nothing to be found.

I enclose a PNG shoving the location, the crash ocures when the wingtip is close to the Concrete foundation (Part of the tunnel).

Thank You for any Suggestions.

JP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #19 on: October 20, 2015, 04:59:22 pm »
I enclose a PNG shoving the location, the crash ocures when the wingtip is close to the Concrete foundation (Part of the tunnel).

Alright, that's useful. Have you tested it with different planes ? Do they all crash the same ?

JensPeter

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2015, 04:07:37 pm »
I have tried it with the PMDG 737NGX and the Default 737, both with same result.

Today i  tried it with the Default Beach Baron. When i stay ON the taxiway (wingtip far from the concrete wall) i do not crash.

When i enter the Green Area adjacant to the taxiway (without the wingtip are  passin direct over the concrete Foundation of the tunnel) FSX crash.

So it is enough it is close to the wall, and not colliding with it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2015, 03:25:29 pm »
I have tried it with the PMDG 737NGX and the Default 737, both with same result.

We just tried it now, with the default 737-800, but couldn't replicate the problem. Are you *sure* you tried with the default 737 ? I know for sure the PMDG 737 is more sensitive to small ground bumps.

If you are sure the crash happens with the default 737, check the AFCAD in use, with the GSX customize airport positions menu option, the customization dialog will show you the name of the AFCAD in use.

JensPeter

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2015, 03:05:38 pm »
Hello Again Umberto

The jpg i enclosed IS the default 737 plane, as where the Beech Baron tested. There are no diff. if i try it with the PMDG 737NGX or the default, and the crash occurs on the last 1/3 of the taxiway over the tunnel heading east.

I was not able to make a crash with the default ultralight no matter how close i got to the concrete wall though.

I have checked the Afcad, and it is KLAXV2/KLAX_AP.bgl

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2015, 04:41:54 pm »
I have checked the Afcad, and it is KLAXV2/KLAX_AP.bgl

Then, the problem can only be caused by a 3rd party mesh. As I've said, we tested it in every possible way, moving close to the wall on either side, being on the centerline, having the wingtip over the bridge, and there are no crashes whatsoever.

Disable every 3rd party mesh you use and try again.

JensPeter

« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2015, 03:32:31 pm »
Sorry to hear there is no solution, but as i said earlier, i have tested KLAX with a completely "Clean" scenery config. (enclosed)

I have made my own solution though (jpg), and while doing my own Little fix-file with Instant scenery, i noticed that the elevation differs a lot in the area where the crash ocures (obects sink through the tunnel roof), so maybee that have bearing to the problem.

Case closed from my part  :-\.

Take Care
JP

AirBorne

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2016, 03:55:21 am »

This is just awesome, eheheheh! How did you do that, what tool(s) have you used?