Author Topic: Jetways dont work on my aircraft  (Read 9085 times)

p3dx3

Jetways dont work on my aircraft
« on: May 01, 2014, 12:38:57 am »
I am parked at Gate 70. The jetway does not move. If I go to a cargo spot, a staircase shows up. So my front door is configured correctly. I checked and "parking spot has a jetway" is checked in the config. Help!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways dont work on my aircraft
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:45:31 am »
I am parked at Gate 70. The jetway does not move.

Works normally here.

If I go to a cargo spot, a staircase shows up. So my front door is configured correctly. I checked and "parking spot has a jetway" is checked in the config. Help!

If with "my front door is configured correctly", you mean in GSX, as explained many times already (too many times to count, really, there's even a blue highlight on the manual), GSX doesn't control, doesn't affect, doesn't change, is not affected by, anything related to jetways.

Since Gate 70 at CYVR works normally here, using the default 737, and GSX doesn't have anything to do with jetways, the only possible explanation left, is there's a problem with the airplane you are using OR you haven't parked in the right spot, try to move ahead/behind a bit.

p3dx3

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:47:32 am »
Sorry I read the other topics but thought they were mostly talking about misconfigured gsx or ai using jetways.

I will try pulling up. Would my aircraft being a freighter have anything to do with it?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 12:48:59 am »
I will try pulling up. Would my aircraft being a freighter have anything to do with it?

As explained in all the other threads about jetways, the only thing that controls IF and HOW a jetway attach to an airplane, are the coordinates of the MAIN door in the [Exits] section of the airplane.cfg

p3dx3

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2014, 12:53:51 am »

As explained in all the other threads about jetways, the only thing that controls IF and HOW a jetway attach to an airplane, are the coordinates of the MAIN door in the [Exits] section of the airplane.cfg

Door 1L is what it is called in the pmdg aircraft.cfg

p3dx3

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2014, 01:19:43 am »
I removed gsx.cfg in the user data folder, still same problem. Can I force GSX to think Exit 1L is the main exit?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2014, 01:05:58 pm »
Door 1L is what it is called in the pmdg aircraft.cfg

The aircraft.cfg file doesn't have anything related to door names. Are you sure you are not confusing it with something else ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2014, 01:10:23 pm »
I removed gsx.cfg in the user data folder, still same problem.

Have you actually READ my previous replies ? Why you keep insisting it's something that has anything to do with GSX ? I'll repeat it AGAIN:

As explained many times already (too many times to count, really, there's even a blue highlight on the manual), GSX doesn't control, doesn't affect, doesn't change, is not affected by, ANYTHING related to jetways.

Can I force GSX to think Exit 1L is the main exit?

GSX IS NOT THE PROBLEM!! If your jetway doesn't attach to the correct place, or doesn't work at all, the problem is NOT GSX!!! The ONLY thing that controls the jetway is:

The [Exists] section of the airplane.cfg  ( NOT GSX.CFG, this has NOTHING to do with GSX!!! )

This is the ONLY thing that controls where the jetway will attach to, and it won't change, regardless if you have GSX or not.

p3dx3

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2014, 06:00:19 pm »
I never claimed there was a problem with gsx, I was suggesting that the PMDG labeling is wrong, so I asked how I can get gsx to see door L1 as the main door to attach a jetway to.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 10:51:04 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2014, 11:02:14 pm »
I never claimed there was a problem with gsx, I was suggesting that the PMDG labeling is wrong, so I asked how I can get gsx to see door L1 as the main door to attach a jetway to.

You STILL don't understand!!! GSX doesn't have ANYTHING to do to how the jetway attaches to the airplane. I thought to have explained quite clearly: the ONE and ONLY thing that controls where a jetway attach to, are the coordinates for the door indicated in the [Exits] section of the airplane.cfg

Again, for the 3rd time:  as explained many times already (too many times to count, really, there's even a blue highlight on the manual), GSX doesn't control, doesn't affect, doesn't change, is not affected by, ANYTHING related to jetways.

Now, I see you are confused thinking there might be a "problem" in GSX, because of labeling in GSX. But in fact is not. If you see a door from PMDG labeled as "Door L1", the GSX labeling IS CORRECT. That's how PMDG references its main door, and fact you see it referenced as such in GSX simply indicates the correct configuration for GSX for that airplane is being used, so GSX would correctly place its vehicles and will know the door's open/closed status.

But jetways don't have anything to do with this. You can change the doors in GSX as you like, but the jetway will continue to attach to the same place, because this is NOT CONTROLLED BY GSX, AT ALL! The ONE and ONLY thing that controls where a jetway attach to, are the coordinates for the door indicated in the [Exits] section of the airplane.cfg

The only reason why you need a door identified in GSX, is to tell GSX where it should attach its own VEHICLES, not the jetways! And GSX should know which door is the main door, to know where to put the front stairs, if you park on a parking in the open, and it must know how that door is open/closed on a specific airplane, to know if it can start a service, otherwise you would see its crew going through the airplane bulkheads if you started a service with the doors closed and GSX didn't check.

But that's it, EVERYTHING related to jetways, is entirely UNRELATED with GSX.

If the jetway doesn't connect well, it's a problem of the FSX jetway animation system, it would look EXACTLY THE SAME if you didn't had GSX.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 11:04:55 pm by virtuali »

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2014, 12:49:35 am »

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2014, 12:55:32 am »
I think it's unlikely that a PMDG aircraft has a problem of the Exits being specified in the FS9 style, the most likely issue is, it's just the FSX jetway that is not always working correctly, but as I've tried to explain, it's nothing that has any relationship with GSX.

F-OHPM

• FSDT CYVR/GSX user
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2014, 12:56:57 am »
Could also be an advanced animations problem or a badly parked aircraft.

Acer AMD Quad-Core A10-6700
12GB RAM
Quad Core 3.7Ghz
GTX750TI
Corsair CX600
FSX Steam

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2014, 01:12:12 am »
Could also be an advanced animations problem or a badly parked aircraft.

Yes, I've already suggested the parking position in my first reply.

Advanced Animations mistakenly turned off ( the GSX installer turn them On ) could be a reason but, I would guess the message would rather say that jetways stopped to work in the entire sim, and without Advanced Animations, GSX humans wouldn't move either, so that would have been way more noticeable than static jetways.

p3dx3

« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2014, 07:38:15 pm »
Sorry this is all my fault. I am used to AES where the jetway automatically comes to my airplane. I did not realize I needed to press CTRL + J, everything works fine. I thought if I activated GSX to upload or load my aircraft, the jetway would come to the airplane like in AES. Sorry again for bothering you, love all your scenery!