Author Topic: Orlando intl taxi2gate  (Read 6433 times)

messy027

Orlando intl taxi2gate
« on: April 30, 2014, 10:00:29 pm »
is there any scenery fix or anything for taxi2gate orlando as the jetway does move but doesn't come the full way and it says the parking position is too small at gate 81 and 83 and i know them two positions can handle 747's as i have stopped there myself.

any ideas guys?

thanx

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Orlando intl taxi2gate
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2014, 12:47:28 am »
As explained many times already (too many times to count, really, there's even a blue highlight on the manual), GSX doesn't control, doesn't affect, doesn't change, is not affected by, anything related to jetways.

They continue to work (or not) as they always did. Installing GSX won't change anything about how jetways operate. Nothing in GSX can change anything related to jetways in any scenery, they are entirely and totally separate.

messy027

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2014, 12:57:21 am »
this was more concerning there are no cargo loaders or anything in these parking positions as it says they are too small i mean are you for real lol

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2014, 01:19:02 pm »
this was more concerning there are no cargo loaders or anything in these parking positions as it says they are too small i mean are you for real lol

What do you mean "are you for real" ? Without even understanding what I've said ? Are YOU for real ?

Let's try it again, step by step:

First problem:
"The jetway does move but doesn't come the full way"

Explanation:
As explained many times already (too many times to count, really, there's even a blue highlight on the manual), GSX doesn't control, doesn't affect, doesn't change, is not affected by, anything related to jetways.

They continue to work (or not) as they always did. Installing GSX won't change anything about how jetways operate. Nothing in GSX can change anything related to jetways in any scenery, they are entirely and totally separate.

So, just forget about jetways and GSX, because they are TOTALLY unrelated.

Second problem:
"it says the parking position is too small at gate 81 and 83 and i know them two positions can handle 747's as i have stopped there myself"

Explanation:
This is really a FAQ, which has been discussed many times on the forum, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=8354.0

and of course is explained in the GSX manual too. The answer can be found in the GSX manual, Page 24, the explanation of the "Max allowed wingspan" parameter of the parking customization page.

Third problem:
"there are no cargo loaders or anything in these parking positions as it says they are too small"

Explanation:
This is of course related to the previous one, if GSX thinks the parking is too small, because the scenery designer has said so (and as explained in the GSX manual, you CAN customize this ) for the airplane, it will also think it's too small for the loaders.