Author Topic: GSX uk 2000 gatwick PMDG 747  (Read 3159 times)

messy027

GSX uk 2000 gatwick PMDG 747
« on: April 30, 2014, 01:37:56 pm »
hello wondering if anyone can help, i purchased gsx yesturday for fsx (windows 7 64bit) and when i started my flight everythin was workin like the cargo loaders the air stairs and the tug, but the jetway wouldn't move to door number 2 even though i put the option (no door at this position) for door number 1 and the jetway would stop before it fully reached the aircraft leaving a small gap between the body and the jetway i have tried moving the custom settings but nothing works and i have deleted the gsx cfg from the pmdg folder.

any ideas?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX uk 2000 gatwick PMDG 747
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2014, 02:12:41 pm »
when i started my flight everythin was workin like the cargo loaders the air stairs and the tug, but the jetway wouldn't move to door number 2 even though i put the option (no door at this position) for door number 1 and the jetway would stop before it fully reached the aircraft leaving a small gap between the body and the jetway i have tried moving the custom settings but nothing works and i have deleted the gsx cfg from the pmdg folder.

As explained many times already (too many times to count, really, there's even a blue highlight on the manual), GSX doesn't control, doesn't affect, doesn't change, is not affected by, anything related to jetways.

They continue to work (or not) as they always did. Installing GSX won't change anything about how jetways operate. The only form of interaction, is that GSX can detect if a native FSX jetway is present on a given parking, by looking at the scenery AFCAD, or it can customized by you, to indicate which parking spots have jetways, if you use a scenery with static jetways which can't be detected automatically.

This is done ONLY to prevent the generation of front stairs and the passenger bus, nothing more. There are no other interactions between GSX and jetways.

The door locations in GSX are used ONLY by GSX to know where to attach it's VEHICLES.

The location where a jetway will attach to, is entirely independent from GSX, and it's controlled by the airplane.cfg, the [Exits] section and, it will only go on the door labeled as the main door. That's how FSX works, having GSX or not, doesn't make any difference.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 02:14:46 pm by virtuali »

boilerbill

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 08:33:52 pm »
Making the jetway go to door 2L instead of 1L is simply a matter of editing the aircraft.cfg file, which is located in the ..\SimObjects\Airplanes\PMDG747-400\ folder. Make a backup copy of the file before doing anything to it. Use Notepad to open the aircraft.cfg file, then find the [exits] section. You should see the specifications for two gates there...

[exits]
number_of_exits = 2
exit.0 = 0.4, -31.1147, -9.5702, 1.11891, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.1 = 0.4, -62.2539, -9.6109, 1.1891, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

The one labeled exit.0 is always the door to which the jetway attaches. Right now, that is door 1L. To change that, exchange the exit numbers so that they look like this...

exit.1 = 0.4, -31.1147, -9.5702, 1.11891, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)
exit.0 = 0.4, -62.2539, -9.6109, 1.1891, 0 //openclose rate percent per second, longitudinal, lateral, vertical positions from datum (feet), type (0=Main 1=Cargo 2=Emergency)

That's all it takes. If you want to rearrange the lines so that exit.0 is listed first, that's fine. But the order doesn't matter to the computer — exit.0 is always the jetway door. Be warned that using door 2L often causes the jetway to extend so far that gaps will appear in it. That's an FSX problem for which there is no simple solution.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

messy027

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 10:06:37 pm »
tried switching the numbers around at taxi2gate orlando and it still went to the door 1L which is quite frustrating and most of the gates there don't even take the 747 lol