Author Topic: Cant register **SOLVED**  (Read 6788 times)

zoran

Cant register **SOLVED**
« on: April 29, 2014, 02:15:44 pm »
Not my lucky day today. I purchased but when I click register serial nothing happens.
I installed latest addon mgr and coutal is updated.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 05:48:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Cant register
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2014, 02:18:11 pm »
Try to go into windowed mode before selecting the Addon Manager menu. The dialog might be there, but might be simply went behind the FSX window.

Also, check you are not using other addons that "steal" the input focus, like addons with their own window that appears on top of fight sim.

And, do not launch FSX from another product, launch it using its own icon, at least during the registration.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:21:50 pm by virtuali »

zoran

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2014, 02:54:26 pm »
Well this is the first time in my internet history I cant locate a rego screen.

Its windowed and launched from FSX and no other add ons interfering , nothing different from other FSDT installations.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2014, 04:26:02 pm »
Well this is the first time in my internet history I cant locate a rego screen.

Not many other products runs together with so many bad-behaving add-ons like FSX, so the registration screen is not coming because one of these products is forcing itself onto the foreground. It would be wrong if we tried to do the same questionable behavior (forcing our dialog in the foreground), just to be sure the registration can be always be seen, even something so misbehaving is running.

Its windowed

Of course it's windowed, the registration won't even allow you to try, if you are not running windowed.

and launched from FSX and no other add ons interfering , nothing different from other FSDT installations.

I can only repeat and confirm, if you click the Register Serial and nothing happens, it's SURE another program is interfering. The registration dialog is probably there, but you can't see it, because that product is forcing itself onto the foreground. You might try to bring the registration dialog back in front of the FSX window, using the CTRL+TAB or ALT+TAB keys.

It's either that, or you haven't started FSX from its own icon. No other reasons, if this is really happening according to your report, which is "nothing happens" after pressing the "Register Serial" button.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:30:38 pm by virtuali »

zoran

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 05:20:33 pm »
Its okay now, I closed everything that was running in the task bar and control tab brought it up. I guess I will know for next time, thanks.