Author Topic: GSX - Different options when Parking  (Read 2290 times)

theav8r

GSX - Different options when Parking
« on: April 28, 2014, 07:30:29 am »
Usually when I started an FSX flight and the aircraft was positioned at the selected gate, I was presented with all the options starting with "request deboarding" for example.

Now, lately, at the start of a flight. I have only been getting the options "Parking", and then only 3 options, two of them "occupied" and the third "available in 10mins" for example .

i have ensured that the aircraft is at the gate with the engines off and park brake on as per the manual, but cannot seem to get the options as in my opening remarks, anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Different options when Parking
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2014, 09:21:55 am »
That means GSX thinks you are outside of the parking. It's almost invariably caused by an AFCAD in conflict for that scenery. You can check which AFCAD GSX is using for that scenery by using the "Customize parking position" option, and it will display the name of the AFCAD in use.

If it's not the correct one that comes with the scenery, the reasons could be:

- You installed a product with another AFCAD in conflict. The most common causes are AFCAD provided with AI Traffic products such as MyTraffic. You can also try the free FSX Airport Scanner program to search for AFCAD duplicates and remove them.

OR

- The scenery cache hasn't been rebuilt automatically for some reason. You can force a rebuild by removing the following files:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX\SceneryIndexes
C:\ProgramData\Virtuali\Couatl

theav8r

Re: GSX - Different options when Parking
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 06:40:16 am »
Thank you for the information..will check it all out