Author Topic: GSX Manual  (Read 4991 times)

Catchman86

GSX Manual
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:24:18 am »
For some reason when I installed the latest standalone GSX I didn't get an updated manual. Come some send me a copy or at least post the info from the ULD page?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX Manual
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 01:34:21 pm »
For some reason when I installed the latest standalone GSX I didn't get an updated manual. Come some send me a copy or at least post the info from the ULD page?

Perhaps you confused the latest "stand-alone" GSX with the latest "stand-alone" Addon Manager, which is the only installer named "stand-alone". The Stand-Alone Addon Manager won't update the GSX manual. To get the most current GSX manual, you must download the GSX Full installer.

Catchman86

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2014, 11:00:51 pm »
I downloaded the standalone GSX exe from the GSX page. Should I have uninstalled the prior version first?

Also, can you verify that the latest manual should be found in %FSX Main Folder%\fsdreamteam\couatl\gsx ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 09:31:11 am »
I downloaded the standalone GSX exe from the GSX page.

There's nothing named "Stand-Alone" GSX anywhere on our site. The only thing named "Stand-Alone" on the GSX Page is the "Stand-Alone Addon Manager", and that DOES NOT contain the GSX manual.

The GSX Full installer is labeled "Full Installer", and below the "Full Installer" label, there's the "Download for FSX/P3D" button. That's the GSX Full installer, which is about 70MB in size.

Should I have uninstalled the prior version first?

Doesn't make any difference. If if did, the installer would obviously told you to Uninstall first.

Also, can you verify that the latest manual should be found in %FSX Main Folder%\fsdreamteam\couatl\gsx ?

That's the correct place where the manual is placed. On top of that, the GSX manual is DOWNLOADED so, it's not possible you'll get an outdated version, even if you run an old installer for GSX, the manual will be downloaded from our site, so it's always current.

Catchman86

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 01:54:32 am »
I should have said Full Installer, sorry for the confusion. However, that's exactly what I did. I took a screenshot to show you what I installed, when it was installed, and that I have the old manual anyway.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/32632774/itoldyouso.jpg
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 11:30:34 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 11:36:29 am »
I should have said Full Installer, sorry for the confusion. However, that's exactly what I did. I took a screenshot to show you what I installed, when it was installed, and that I have the old manual anyway.

Then you have the latest version of the program and the latest version of the manual. Sorry, but it's just not possible getting an old manual, if you installed the full installer because, the full installer contains the latest version of the manual, and the same version of the manual is downloaded online.

The only way you would get an old manual, is if you installed with a VERY old ( older than July 2012 ) version of the GSX installer and, for some reason, like a firewall or a problem with your internet connection, the current manual couldn't be downloaded, so you got the older one which was included in the installer.

But this can't just happen with the current installer, because both the version of the manual included with it, and the one download online are exactly the same file.

Perhaps, you THINK you have an old version of the manual, because the GSX manual hasn't changed since July 28th 2012, that's the file date for the latest manual, and it IS the most current one, and it DOES contain some info about ULDs, pages 35-36