Author Topic: ParkMe and YouControl  (Read 17071 times)

conchulio

Re: ParkMe and YouControl
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 04:41:45 pm »
ok, for a better comprehension i'll make a small chronology of how the problem developed:

1. i bought KJFK one day after release
2. multiple couatl.exe on task-manager and not closing after ending of fsx.
3. your first fix didn't solve the issue as posted.
4. applied your newest build, which you just today released, involving two files, which need to be copied in specific folders inside the Couatl folder.
5. the problem with mutiple couatl.exe seem to be solved, as i see no more new couatl.exe apps in the task-manager. in addition, it seems that couatl.exe ends now much faster together with fsx. i even recall to see that it closed faster than fsx does, which is good especially when restarting fsx very quickly
6. i realised that after applying your newest build, no more ParkMe boxes on the gates and no ParkMe menu or YouControl menu available.

to me, it looks like one issue solved, one new created  ???

i hope that helped a little.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 04:49:08 pm »
4. applied your newest build, which you just today released, involving two files, which need to be copied in specific folders inside the Couatl folder.

Just to be sure there's no misunderstanding: we had TWO fixes for the "multiple process" problem. The first one you said didn't fixed the issue, and another one, which is another update of the Couatl.exe itself. This is not the 2 small files posted on the forum, it's an update of the executable that is automatically downloaded by running the JFK installer. To check if you have the current version, have a look at the file properties, and verify it's at least build 118. If it's not, run the JFK installer again, so it will get the latest couatl.exe from the net.

The additional 2 files posted on the forum, don't have anything to do with the multiple processes problem, they are just an improvement for the airplane detection code that, under certain circumstances, lead to the menu not showing up, and are supposed to fix that problem.

conchulio

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 04:59:20 pm »
erm, where can i see which build i'm on? sorry for my newbyness  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 05:31:14 pm »
erm, where can i see which build i'm on? sorry for my newbyness  :-\

Right click on the exe file and select "Properties", then "Details". You should see a File version number, which looks like 1.0.0.xxx. Check that xxx is at least 118.

conchulio

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 05:42:06 pm »
ok, ran the installer once more and now it seems to work. i will test it more intensely during next two days to see if the issues still exist or if they finally and hopefully have been solved.