Author Topic: ParkMe and YouControl  (Read 17058 times)

FSXForever

ParkMe and YouControl
« on: September 21, 2008, 06:13:12 pm »
I'm trying to open the windows with Ctrl+Shift+P and Ctrl+F12 but nothing comes up

conchulio

Re: ParkMe and YouControl
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 06:21:50 pm »
same here.  in the task manager it says couatl.exe is working, there even exist two couatl.exe ?!

after rebooting it goes away but still no parkme or youcontrol?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 07:10:35 pm »
Try this:

- Open Task manager, check if there are two Couatl.exe process. If there are, it might be that you closed and relaunched FSX too quickly. If this happens, the first copy of the process doesn't get a chance to exit, another one will be launched and the two are blocking each other.

- If you see one or two Couatl.exe processes in the Task manager, try to terminate them (one or two), then launch Couatl.exe in the FSX\FSDreamTeam\Couatl folder manually. Nothing will seems to be happening so, be careful not to launch it twice, just because it seemed to do nothing. It's a background process so, it's supposed to run without any user feedback. Just launch it, verifty that only one process is running on the Task Manager, then go back to FSX and check if the ParkMe and YouControl menus appear.

conchulio

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 07:31:04 pm »
thank you so far for the quick support, i will certainly try it out next time the problem appears.

conchi

FSXForever

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2008, 08:28:50 pm »
Tried it, only one couatl.exe running, tried Ctrl+F12 but nothing. Ended the process, and restarted it but nothing still

FSXForever

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 04:16:55 pm »
no-one then?

conchulio

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 04:31:25 pm »
ok, i think the parkme issue is still there.

FSXForever: try to manually end the couatl.exe app in the task manager. make a full reboot of your system. start fsx and go to kjfk and it should work.

though one problem still exist:  the couatl.exe quite often does not end together with fsx when you quit fsx. it remains as an background app and you still have to end it manually.

in addition, when restarting fsx, couatl.exe will be started twice.  it's not an issue which happens just once after installing jfk, it remains.

i think we need a permanent fsx on this issue.

conchi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 07:14:31 pm »
in addition, when restarting fsx, couatl.exe will be started twice.  it's not an issue which happens just once after installing jfk, it remains.

No, it's not a problem of the program restarting twice. It's a problem of the previous execution not closing. This might happen if the user closes FSX and then reopen it, without giving Couatl.exe a chance to close itself. The time it takes for closing varies depending how much time takes FSX to give memory back to Windows so,  the "too quick" varies between systems.

i think we need a permanent fsx on this issue.

There's a new Couatl.exe release online now that added a specific code that should be able to deal with this issue, if you just launch the JFK installer again, it will get it automatically. No need to uninstall.

We weren't able to properly test this enhancement, because we weren't able to reproduce the issue in the first place so, we'll be interested to know if it fixes your issue.

conchulio

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2008, 11:57:49 am »
perfect, i will give it a try as soon as possible.

thanks again for your quick reply and support. thumbs up

conchi

conchulio

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 08:16:24 pm »
unfortunately your fix doesn't work. i don't know how it's about other people but it doesnt' work for me. i watched the couatl.exe after closing FSX and it remained there without any reaction. after like 8 minutes i manually terminated it. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2008, 10:57:31 pm »
Can you check it again ? We have another build online.

conchulio

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 03:33:43 pm »
bad news virtuali, problem still there.

i did a test flight today with a Posky 777 from KORD  ( from FSDT also ) to KJFK.

after vacating the rwy ( 4L ) i pressed ctrl + shift + P  and nothing happens. after switching to task manager i see no problems, one couatl.exe working with 25.444 mb. everything as intended. nonetheless no menu to show up your, i must say tremenduous parking system.

despite the problem still there, i noticed another issue:

when i want to see my landing again, with default FSX recorder, the buildings of the airport do not show up. i know it's normal that AI do not show up but the buildings should. the ground textures are there only buildings + jetways aren't. i can even see the cars driving along the invisible streets.

maybe you can check that out two, if possible.

by the way, i appreciate your efforts to support us and keep the product on its high level standart. 

thanks in advance

conchi

edit: i realized just now that after installing your new build, the boxes on the gates have now completely disappeared. even after fully rebooting the system they no longer show up. no park me or youcontrol anymore  ??? ???
« Last Edit: September 24, 2008, 03:54:19 pm by conchulio »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2008, 04:00:23 pm »
after vacating the rwy ( 4L ) i pressed ctrl + shift + P  and nothing happens. after switching to task manager i see no problems, one couatl.exe working with 25.444 mb. everything as intended. nonetheless no menu to show up your, i must say tremenduous parking system.

Have you downloaded the small fix we posted today ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=1052.0

when i want to see my landing again, with default FSX recorder, the buildings of the airport do not show up. i know it's normal that AI do not show up but the buildings should. the ground textures are there only buildings + jetways aren't.

This is not a problem, it's how our sceneries works. Since 3d objects are not inside the BGL, because, in order to reclaim additional fps-improving features that FSX lost over FS9 (like precise control of objects display range, cut-off of objects depending on altitude and LOD that was lost with FSX SP2), we don't have 3d objects in the BGL files, but we draw them at runtime using C++ and Simconnect. Even our ground Ai traffic is not handled by FSX, but we draw it as if it was AI traffic, that's why it doesn't show up in replay.

You can use FS Recorder, which works nicely without sceneries.

conchulio

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2008, 04:24:28 pm »
yes, that's infact the problem.

after downloading your two new files, nothing of your ParkMe system works anymore. the couatl.exe does show up on task manager but neither does the menu show up by pressing the necessary keys nor does the boxes on the gates show up.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2008, 04:29:51 pm »
yes, that's infact the problem.

I had the impression that nothing worked *before*. Are you saying that it used to work instead and, after downloading the fix (that should exacly fix that issue), it doens't work anymore ?

Alright, let's do it one step at a time: you initially had the problem Couatl.exe not closing with FSX ? Is this fixed at least now ?