Author Topic: GSX not installing to P3D **SOLVED**  (Read 2463 times)

privatepilot42

GSX not installing to P3D **SOLVED**
« on: April 24, 2014, 02:04:57 pm »
Hi can anyone help please?

I have now tried several times to install GSX in to P3D.  The FSX/p3d installer finds P3D in c:\ProgramFiles (x86)\ Lockheed Martin \ Prepar3d v 2

DO you want to install here ?
Clicked 'yes'

Then comes up with the set up wizard and click "next"
It then installs

It then comes up with the message that the default vehicles_airport.bgl file has been patched.

The installation then completes.

There are no desktop icons so I notice that the user guide that comes with the extract is for FSX and states that once you open FSX that the option to install the module should pop up and then various options should appear such as warp to Trial Mode airport etc.

However When I open P3d there is no indication that GSX is working at all and nothing happens when you click CNTRL+F12 etc.  I only have P3d installed with the default P3d aircraft.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks

Paul
« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 10:00:40 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX not installing to P3D
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 09:35:35 pm »
There are no desktop icons

You are not supposed to see any. There will be only an Fsdreamteam group under the "Start" button, which contains ONLY the manual.

so I notice that the user guide that comes with the extract is for FSX and states that once you open FSX that the option to install the module should pop up and then various options should appear such as warp to Trial Mode airport etc.

That permission dialog comes only with FSX. It doesn't exists in P3D anymore so, it's all normal you won't see it.

However When I open P3d there is no indication that GSX is working at all and nothing happens when you click CNTRL+F12 etc.  I only have P3d installed with the default P3d aircraft.

You might have the same problem which has been discussed on this forum several times already, for example here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9908.msg78043.html#msg78043

and here:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10084.msg79077.html#msg79077

privatepilot42

Re: GSX not installing to P3D
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 10:53:38 pm »
I did have the same issue and needed to run the installer in the relevant folder in P3d

Thanks