Author Topic: Waiting for Gate..  (Read 2643 times)

cowings1588

Waiting for Gate..
« on: April 20, 2014, 08:09:44 am »
I was just wondering when it says next to my gate when I arrive - Gate will be available shortly

How long does it normally take before a gate would become available from AI traffic or is there a way to know how long you have to wait if you really want to wait for that one gate.. Normally I just end up asking for a new gate but was just curious incase I did want to wait on the gate, generally how long would an AI plane normally sit on the gate.  Nice feature for it to say it will be available soon or shortly but be cool to know just how long you would be waiting..

Just asking out of curiousity..
COA
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Waiting for Gate..
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2014, 07:45:33 pm »
I was just wondering when it says next to my gate when I arrive - Gate will be available shortly

Using standard AI traffic, either default or 3rd party, that message usually means the ETD for the AI that has taken that parking is very short, like 1 minute or so. When the waiting time is longer, you'll see a indication of how many minutes will take for that parking to be available again.

If you see such message for every parking, and it doesn't change until the AI goes away, it's because you are using UT2, and UT2 doesn't use standard traffic with normal schedules, but creates traffic on the fly and injects into the sim using Simconnect so, as far as FSX is concerned, that traffic is not scheduled. Which means, we can't read its ETD, so we can't generate a more meaningful message.

cowings1588

Re: Waiting for Gate..
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2014, 02:06:22 am »
I use UT2 yes as my AI traffic but its not every gate that says it.. I'll still have quite a few gates open.. That's why I asked though just get a rough idea how long I could be waiting when seeing gate will be available shortly..

However now that you said that there's no way to track UT2 because they do it on the fly, tells me I'm better off just to go after the next available gate cause who knows how long I actually could be waiting for that gate. 

Thanks for the info.. Appreciate it..
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 02:36:09 am by cowings1588 »
COA
Bill