Author Topic: Getting FSdreamteam products working in P3D, including CYVR **SOLVED**  (Read 9514 times)

fishbait32

Virt, if you're the one responding... I made a post that you responded to in the GSX support thread, and got the installers to finally accept and install into my P3D folder that is on my SSD.

The problem now... it doesn't work. In the H:\Prepar3D\Addon Scenery  folder, none of the FSDT products scenery files are installed in the folder. Instead there is a separate FS Dream team folder that is inside the Prepar3D files.

I also cant get the Add on manager to install. It says I dont have FSX installed. How do I get around this? Also, I have no "add ons" menu icon on the toolbar while running P3D, so I cant access anything related to my add ons. I know on FSX it asks you if you want to run Couatl and other add ons, but P3D doesn't.

My products I have from you guys: CYVR, KLAX, KLAS, and GSX.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:39:44 pm by virtuali »

fishbait32

Re: Getting FSdreamteam products working in P3D, including CYVR
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 04:48:02 am »
Also, When installing the products, am it asks me to direct the location of FSX/P3D. Do i click the folder where all the files sit? So if P3D is installed in the folder of "Prepar3D". On the installer do I only click on that folder? I assume so, because if I remember from installing these airports on FSX, it had me do that.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 09:40:22 am »
The problem now... it doesn't work. In the H:\Prepar3D\Addon Scenery  folder, none of the FSDT products scenery files are installed in the folder. Instead there is a separate FS Dream team folder that is inside the Prepar3D files.

That's correct, and that's how they should be.

I also cant get the Add on manager to install. It says I dont have FSX installed. How do I get around this?

That's a clear indication that your registry keys are wrong. Have you maybe tried to MOVE your existing installation ? That won't ever work! You must reinstall the sim into the proper folder, so the installer can write the proper registry keys.

And, it seems you have BOTH the P3D and the FSX registry keys wrong.

You can try repairing the FSX keys with the free "FS9/FSX Registry Repair Tool" utility from Flight1:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

But for P3D, you will have to reinstall it into the correct folder, using the proper installer.

fishbait32

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 04:21:54 pm »
I dont even have FSX installed at all, do I still need to use that? o.O

I used the setup application downloaded from Lockheed's website that comes with the simulation it self. Though there is a "Prepar3D" which says its a Windows installer package. And a "Setup" which says its an application. Both of them install P3D....

I installed it fresh into a folder on my SSD. Never moved anything.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 05:46:28 pm by fishbait32 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2014, 11:42:15 pm »
I dont even have FSX installed at all, do I still need to use that?

The program tells you don't have FSX, because it hasn't found a registry key for P3D 2.0, or P3D 1.0, so it tries FSX, and it hasn't found it either.

I used the setup application downloaded from Lockheed's website that comes with the simulation it self. Though there is a "Prepar3D" which says its a Windows installer package. And a "Setup" which says its an application. Both of them install P3D....

Then something happened in the installation, because it's clear your registry is messed up, or entirely missing. Try to reinstall P3D again.

fishbait32

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2014, 12:39:45 am »
Maybe its because I'm not installing P3D on the same SSD as my operating system? Maybe the FSDT is trying to find the files in the P3D folder when its suppose to be looking at my OS SSD? I will reinstall P3D again and try to install the add on manager first.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2014, 10:58:28 am »
Maybe its because I'm not installing P3D on the same SSD as my operating system? Maybe the FSDT is trying to find the files in the P3D folder when its suppose to be looking at my OS SSD?

You have a problem in your registry, our installers don't care where you installed the OS or the sim. They use the only proper way, which is checking the Windows registry for the P3D folder, and verify if P3D is really installed there.

It can be on any drive, with the only exception that it cannot be the drive ROOT folder so, the only possible explanation why the installer can't find P3D, is that your Windows registry keys for P3D don't match the folder where P3D is actually installed.

fishbait32

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2014, 03:15:05 am »
Ok, So right now I'm uninstalling P3D. I will try to make sure I remove all the files in the AppData folder regarding P3D as they mention in their installation manual.

I will reinstall P3D, test it. Then try installing FSDT things again. 

fishbait32

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2014, 03:59:27 am »
Ok I reinstalled P3D inside of: H:\Games\Prepar3d. I installed Add on manager first. Then GSX, CYVR, KLAX, KLAS. All installed fine, no issues there.

Now when I go into CYVR first. I ONLY see Jetways sitting there. No actual buildings. The runway looks nice, but no buildings. I go to KLAX, and there are no jetways or buildings.... I checked out the scenery library, and all FSDT products have first priority.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2014, 07:46:35 pm »
The usual question: do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu ?

fishbait32

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2014, 07:58:38 pm »
The usual question: do you have BOTH the "Addon Manager" AND the "Couatl powered products" under the "Addons" menu ?

If the addons menu is suppose to be next to Flights, vehicles, world, options, view, and Help during a flight on the top screen, then I dont even have the "Addons" menu at all. Is that the only place it should be, just like it was in FSX?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2014, 08:07:19 pm »
If the addons menu is suppose to be next to Flights, vehicles, world, options, view, and Help during a flight on the top screen, then I dont even have the "Addons" menu at all. Is that the only place it should be, just like it was in FSX?

Then your problem doesn't look like having anything to do with our products but, instead, you might have ended up with an incomplete P3D installation, as discussed here, with a solution to try:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10084.msg79077.html#msg79077

fishbait32

« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 09:11:57 pm »
awesome! Ran those 2 files and I get both add on items under the addons tab. Also the buildings are back =D

Though why does every jetway light up with the Red text as if there was an AI aircraft there? Well not every jetway lights up with them, but all across CYVR there are the red aircraft tags that say unspecified, FSDT... When I zoom in on them, I see nothing. o.O

Thank you for the continued help on this, I really appreciate it. This was almost worst than tweaking a FSX.CFG.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2014, 09:39:33 pm »
Though why does every jetway light up with the Red text as if there was an AI aircraft there?

That's a longstanding P3D bug, that shows aircraft labels for objects that are not airplanes. Already discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,9438.msg79533.html#msg79533