Author Topic: Minimum gate size for GSX to work  (Read 2705 times)

Rustydog

Minimum gate size for GSX to work
« on: April 16, 2014, 10:22:14 pm »
Hi, I use Pro flight emulator for air traffic control and assign a gate at airports to be reserved. The gate needs to be reduced in size to 9m to stop it being occupied by other aircraft when I arrive. The problem is that GSX doesn't respond to key commands at these gates. Pushback left and right is enabled. I assume because the gate is too small. Is there a way to get GSX to work at a gate this small. Or have I missed something.Thanks for your help.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Minimum gate size for GSX to work
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2014, 09:54:46 am »
The problem is that GSX doesn't respond to key commands at these gates.

GSX responds, with a message saying the parking is too small. However, if you set the verbosity slider to the minimum, you won't see that message...

Is there a way to get GSX to work at a gate this small. Or have I missed something.Thanks for your help.

Of course there is, have a look at the GSX manual, Page 24, the explanation of the "Max allowed wingspan" parameter of the parking customization page. You will also want to enlarge the GSX Radius, in order to have the vehicles correctly positioned at start.

Rustydog

Re: Minimum gate size for GSX to work
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2014, 10:43:45 pm »
Hi virtuali, Thanks for the response. Yes I had turned off the verbosity. ::)
Sorted the parking size on your advice. Many thanks for pointing it out. I had read that but 2 and 2 made 5. After reading it again it became clear. So all working great now. Again many many thanks it is a great program.
Intel Core i5 4690 (OC 4500Mhz), GeForce GTX1060 6gb GDDR5, P3Dv4.4, PMDG 737u,