Author Topic: GSX update for BAE? **SOLVED**  (Read 10864 times)

Faroe Jet

GSX update for BAE? **SOLVED**
« on: April 15, 2014, 04:14:02 pm »
Hey FSD
First I will say that GSX is a fantastic product but as a BAE RJ100 Pilot I'm missing the stairs  :(
I now that BAE in the old days had own stairs but most airline today don't have them because of the modern jetway.
AeroSoft's AES have the same stairs as GSX but AES can match the doors of BAE both in the front and back so why can't GSX?
I took a look at GSX stairs and I they didn't extend they wood fith perfect in the front and they wood fith ind the back if you just allow it because it have the perfect high't both it won't fith

Can you pleas do something about it because I can reed on the forum that we are some people that are missing this
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:30:12 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX update for BAE?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 04:20:43 pm »
First I will say that GSX is a fantastic product but as a BAE RJ100 Pilot I'm missing the stairs  :(

Which model you are referring to ?

AeroSoft's AES have the same stairs as GSX but AES can match the doors of BAE both in the front and back so why can't GSX?

Why you say that GSX can't ?

I took a look at GSX stairs and I they didn't extend they wood fith perfect in the front and they wood fith ind the back if you just allow it because it have the perfect high't both it won't fith

Don't fully understand this sentence, could you write it in a more understandable way ? It's not very clear which airplane you are trying to use, but GSX can configured, and you are supposed to configure it, when using it with an airplane that is not supported internally.

And you CAN configure it even when using an internally supported airplane, if you don't like the default config.

So, again, please clearly indicate which airplane you are referring to, and we'll see if there's a problem in GSX supporting it.

Faroe Jet

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 05:09:38 pm »
The model i am talking about is qualitywings 146 collection
BAE 146-100
BAE 146-200
BAE 146-300

BAE AVRO RJ70
BAE AVRO RJ85
BAE AVRO RJ100

GSX stairs don show up if you don't configure the door to bi 2.16 meters high and the door is lover

In your second question I meant that if GSX stairs didn't extend they wood fith the plane

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 05:39:02 pm »
BAE 146-100
BAE 146-200
BAE 146-300

These are not supported by GSX, so you must create your own configuration for them.

BAE AVRO RJ70
BAE AVRO RJ85
BAE AVRO RJ100

These are instead internally supported by GSX.

GSX stairs don show up if you don't configure the door to bi 2.16 meters high and the door is lover

No, it's not. The door on those models is at about 1.95 m, and this is how is configured in GSX. The staircase type that can reach the lowest height in GSX has a minimum height of 2.22 m, so it's entirely normal it won't appear on a door lower than that.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 06:11:44 pm by virtuali »

Faroe Jet

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 05:49:42 pm »
I am thankful for your fast replying
GSX lowest staircase is the same type as the AES staircase and they are compatible with BAE AVRO RJ100.
AES staircase don't extend when I am using this plane and that is way they fit on the front door.
So why is the GSX staircase not compatible with the plane?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 06:14:36 pm »
GSX lowest staircase is the same type as the AES staircase and they are compatible with BAE AVRO RJ100.

No, it's not. It it can reach lower than 2.20m, it must be a different model, surely smaller, even if it's *looks* similar.

AES staircase don't extend when I am using this plane and that is way they fit on the front door.

The GSX staircase doesn't extend either, if the door is located at the minimum height, but it can't obviously go lower than its fully retracted position.

So why is the GSX staircase not compatible with the plane?

I thought my previous explanation was quite clear: that staircase cannot go lower than 2.2m, so it can't be used on an airplane with doors lower than that.

We'll have to add a new stairs type, in a future upgrade.

Faroe Jet

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 06:31:56 pm »
New staircase? Are you just saying it or are you planning to add it?  :)
Have you tested the aircraft with GSX yourself? Because a have watch it closely and the stair did extend up to 2.17 as I set the point to be (the lowest point the stair will show up on my PC with an empty plane) and that won in AES looks joust alike  :)

And you don't have to sound rood because I fully understand your message and I am just letting you now what I am observing with the GSX and what we are hoping for to make a fantastic product prefect  :)

Faroe Jet

« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2014, 06:40:16 pm »
And this is all with an empty plane. If I have the plane full of passenger which I can set with the qualitywings dispatcher then the stairs won't show op before I set the lowest point to be 2,2 bot with an empty plane it shows up at 2,7  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2014, 10:30:03 pm »
New staircase? Are you just saying it or are you planning to add it?  :)

It has already been added...download the GSX Vehicles Update 3, and have a look at it.

Have you tested the aircraft with GSX yourself?

Obviously yes.

Because a have watch it closely and the stair did extend up to 2.17 as I set the point to be

As I've said, since the minimum height the stair can go is 2.22 mt., if you have a door set at 2.17 it won't even show up.

But if you are seeing it, with the door at 2.17, and you are seeing it extending, it means a very simple thing: your airplane is very LIGHT, so the door is NOT at 2.17 anymore!

If the airplane is lighter, the door might have gone higher than 2.22. As you say in the next message, it can go as high as 2.70. In that case, the stair that can go from 2.22 and up WILL finally show, and it WILL extend from 2.22 to 2.7. That's entirely NORMAL and LOGICAL.

The only "issue", up to today, was that GSX didn't had any smaller stair model that could go lower than 2.22 mt. Such model was planned long ago, so I finally added it following your suggestion.

It's a simpler model that can go from 1.87 to 2.22 so it can service all the AVRO/BAE series, and of course it would be nicer if we had a human pushing, but for the time being, it will serve its purpose.

Faroe Jet

Re: GSX update for BAE? **SOLVED**
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2014, 12:39:59 pm »
Hmmmm i never think of that, the plane was so lite that it was higher then expected  :)
Thanks for listening for my suggestion that mean a lot  :) and that shows that FSD Really are there for the costumers  :)
So haw or when can we get that small staircase?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2014, 02:20:06 pm »
So haw or when can we get that small staircase?

As I've said in my previous message:

It has already been added...download the GSX Vehicles Update 3, and have a look at it.

Faroe Jet

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2014, 02:51:27 pm »
I meant wen we will get the staircase that can go down to 1.87?  :)
Because i have recently downloaded the full installer that have all updates in them? And the staircase you are talking about that goes from 1.87 to 2.22 isn't in their? :)
Or have I mist something? You said you will add it now so then it can't be in vehicle update 3 from 2013?  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 03:01:11 pm »
I meant wen we will get the staircase that can go down to 1.87?  :)

As I've said in my TWO previous messages:

Because i have recently downloaded the full installer that have all updates in them? And the staircase you are talking about that goes from 1.87 to 2.22 isn't in their? :)

The full installer has been updated too but, I guess that with "recently" you don't mean AFTER my previous two messages...and it wouldn't make much sense to download the full installer again, if you downloaded recently, just to get the new stair which is ALSO included in the smaller 4MB vehicle Update 3 installer.

Which is why, I said: "download the GSX Vehicles Update 3, and have a look at it.". I meant download it NOW, with "NOW", meaning when I've posted my first message about this...

Faroe Jet

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2014, 03:17:42 pm »
Okay sorry don't have to say it like that  :( it is misleading thee  it stand that it was updated in 2013 but thank and I will give it a look
Thumbs up  :)

Faroe Jet

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2014, 03:50:59 pm »
I have now downloaded the update and it is working fine thanks FSD and I will let every on now in qualitywings 146 communities  :)
Thumbs op  :)