Author Topic: BUG: White Line running through rwy 4L 4L/31L at night  (Read 6840 times)

jpschuchna

BUG: White Line running through rwy 4L 4L/31L at night
« on: September 21, 2008, 11:40:07 am »
Hi,

there is a white line running throug the rwy 4l and at the intersection of 4L/31L.

Go to 450ft and look down.

Intersection of 4L/31L

Jan-Paul
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:52:16 am by jpschuchna »

Alessandro

• Global Moderator
  • FSdreamteam developer
Re: BUG: White Line running throug rwy 4L 4L/31L at night
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 11:46:44 am »
Hi, please verify if you have the Global Max Texture slider to "Massive" (which enables 1024x1024 textures that the scenery use) OR, you haven't set the Anisotropic filtering on your video card control panel, OR you have your MipMap level in FS9 graphic settings too low.

Regards.

janosch

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 11:46:56 am »
Hi,

i've got that line too, but not only during night time, it's always there.

EDIT: Global Max Texture slider is of course set to "massive", AA and AF is tweaked on my machine and MIP Level is set to 4, if i set it higher ground textures start to flicker.

janosch
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:50:31 am by janosch »

jpschuchna

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 11:51:23 am »
Hi,

every slider at the Terrain Section is at max. Mip Level is at 8.

Jan-Paul
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 11:53:06 am by jpschuchna »

Thorsten_W

Re: BUG: White Line running through rwy 4L 4L/31L at night
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 02:46:26 pm »
Same here...all settings are maxed
Greetings from Germany!

tetiaroa

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2008, 03:28:00 am »
And the same problem here...

BTW great scenery! I followed its development from the very first day and I LOVE IT!!

Two more things to mention though (apart from those white lines and the Canarsie AI problem):

1. Do you see any chance that you´ll find a patch to get the FPS a bit higher - like they are in Zurich or O´Hare? Just asking, because I usually don´t get too much stuttering at any other of your airports. Certainly AI is a factor that worsens FPS, but it can´t be the only factor that affects FPS, as I don´t have that problem in O´Hare for example, and that´s certainly an airport with a lot of AI movements (besides I already checked how things were with deactivated AI and, even though that made things a little better, it still stuttered more frequently compared to Zurich or O´Hare).

2. This is really just a minor thing, but there´s a road-sign/advertisement-sign located right in the middle of the asphalt of the highway (between Terminal 1 and 2, I think it was).

Thank you for your help!

Razgriz

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2008, 03:59:23 am »
And the same problem here...

BTW great scenery! I followed its development from the very first day and I LOVE IT!!

Two more things to mention though (apart from those white lines and the Canarsie AI problem):

1. Do you see any chance that you´ll find a patch to get the FPS a bit higher - like they are in Zurich or O´Hare? Just asking, because I usually don´t get too much stuttering at any other of your airports. Certainly AI is a factor that worsens FPS, but it can´t be the only factor that affects FPS, as I don´t have that problem in O´Hare for example, and that´s certainly an airport with a lot of AI movements (besides I already checked how things were with deactivated AI and, even though that made things a little better, it still stuttered more frequently compared to Zurich or O´Hare).

2. This is really just a minor thing, but there´s a road-sign/advertisement-sign located right in the middle of the asphalt of the highway (between Terminal 1 and 2, I think it was).

Thank you for your help!

Make AI fly the Canarsie Approach

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=988.0

;)

Jayster226

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2008, 09:57:33 pm »
I also have this white line

mave128

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2008, 01:02:52 am »
hey,

i have the white line too, but just at night!
all slider on max.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 01:06:45 am by mave128 »
best wishes,
sören