Author Topic: Installed GSX, Not working, No addon manager **SOLVED**  (Read 3569 times)

aimhawkx

Installed GSX, Not working, No addon manager **SOLVED**
« on: April 14, 2014, 05:40:47 am »
Hello. I had recently been using GSX with fsx for the past few months but recently decided to make the switch to Prepar3D. So I uninstalled everything FSX Related ( addons, game, etc;) and rebooted my PC.

Installed P3D and ran a test flight.

Downloaded My FSDT Addons I bought and installed them

I started up P3D but was not asked for permission for them to run ( is this normal for p3d? )

So I get into the game and hit ALT and no addon manager is there.

I know im going to get the standard anti virus response and Im willing to try it but Im not using any 3rd party Anti Virus, Im using the default windows defender and firewall and that is VERY confusing to navigate in windows 8.1

Thanks for the help in advance.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 09:39:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Installed GSX, Not working, No addon manager
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 10:08:13 am »
I started up P3D but was not asked for permission for them to run ( is this normal for p3d? )

Yes, it's normal.

I know im going to get the standard anti virus response and Im willing to try it but Im not using any 3rd party Anti Virus, Im using the default windows defender and firewall and that is VERY confusing to navigate in windows 8.1

No, you aren't. First, keep in mind that we don't advertise any of our software to be officially supported in Windows 8, so if they work that's fine, if they don't, you are on your own.

However, the problem might be an incomplete P3D installation. Try the solution discussed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,10084.0.html

aimhawkx

Re: Installed GSX, Not working, No addon manager
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 05:56:44 pm »
thanks for the response, found out the problem was just some left over registry files from FSX that were not allowing me to install fsdt products with prepar3d. did a fresh install of windows and everything is working fine now :)