Author Topic: Flashing window textures  (Read 10928 times)

ggi

Flashing window textures
« on: April 12, 2014, 12:49:33 am »
I have problems with flashing textures in P3Dv2 with CYVR. I have made a fresh P3Dv2.2 install, I have ORBX PNW for P3Dv2 installed, I have removed the ORBX CYVR files as recommended for use with the FSDT product. NVidia GTX680 has AA Transparency set to OFF in the control panel. The FSDT product is set above ORBX in the scenery library.
see .
I believe I have followed all the 'solved' fixes - Incidentally my ground textures do not flash as some users reported.
Any ideas?
Thanks in advance for any help anyone can offer!
Gary

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
Re: Flashing window textures
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2014, 01:54:01 am »
 I've seen this too just just recently.. It occurs only at the ITB during the day, at night it is greatly reduced. I do know that changing video drivers can fix it, the 337.50's and 335.23 had this problem whereas the 334.89 did not..  Going back to older drivers is not an option for me as the IQ in p3d imo is much worse than with the 337.50's.

ggi

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2014, 10:31:03 am »
Thanks for the suggestion Dave - but unfortunately reverting to the 334.89 has not made any difference.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:48:17 pm by ggi »

ggi

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 08:35:27 pm »
The feedback seems to be - yes we know theres an issue, most people are alright, so - what the problem?
The other sceneries have no issue in FSX or P3D, so what makes Vancouver different? I have no need to see through the glass at CYVR, so can a texture set be issued without the transparancy?
Just asking,
Gary

Michael Moe

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 08:25:14 pm »
+1 flash

Michael

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 09:20:50 pm »
 It's like there's someone constantly turning the lights on and off in the ITB.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2014, 10:12:10 pm »
We already looked at it, but there's no consistency, it seems to appear at random. We also sent a copy of CYVR to LM, they noticed it, but couldn't explain the reason.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2014, 08:52:44 am »
 I've noticed that as well. Sometimes it works perfect and others the crazy electrician is there. There seems to be no rhyme or reason. I've tried different times of day and different cloud cover etc.

ggi

« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2014, 10:37:31 pm »
I'm certain I've tried all the fixes posted without success. I had hoped that waiting for the P3D v2.2 was the answer, but sadly no. Out on the approach for 26R the flashing textures are visible from about 4 miles out, it then gets difficult to focus on anything else!!!
It's such a shame this 'perfect' CYVR has this issue, I really don't want to uninstall it, but it's unfortunately becoming unusable for me in it's present state.  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2014, 09:51:28 am »
ult to focus on anything else!!!It's such a shame this 'perfect' CYVR has this issue, I really don't want to uninstall it, but it's unfortunately becoming unusable for me in it's present state.

I'd say this is a bit too much: I see *some* flashing, randomly, but that doesn't make the scenery any less usable. We had flashing *default* airports in FSX for years with DX10 ( before the DX10 fixer came out ), but many users used it anyway, because it ran better on their systems.

However, we'll keep working at it, if only to find some kind of workaround.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:02:53 pm by virtuali »

ggi

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2014, 01:52:57 pm »
Hi Virtuali - I think the video I posted shows it's not some random flashing occasionally. It's actually intrusive.
Thanks for working on the issue, I really appreciate it!!!!

liketofly

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2014, 11:00:52 pm »
Hi Virtuali,

Nearly one month has gone by - any news on the flashing windows issue? Because to be honest - like this CYVR does not really make fun to fly - its like a Disco ;-))

kind regards
liketofly

Brian S

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 04:43:40 am »
I flew around CYVR for the first time in a while, and the flashing is really bad on the main terminal windows in P3DV2.2    Hope something is in the works, it's not good and takes away from the experience quite a bit.  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2014, 11:34:28 am »
Please try the current Live Update ( "Check Live Update", from the Couatl menu ), and confirm if the problem has been fixed.

Dave_YVR

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2014, 06:09:07 pm »
Excellent! The rave is finally over!

Thanks Umberto.