Author Topic: Swiss service in Cyprus?  (Read 5411 times)

veelo

Swiss service in Cyprus?
« on: April 10, 2014, 08:36:02 am »
Hi all,

It is a little bit odd that the Swiss ground service is handeling the Catering pushback etc in Larnaca Airport. I think the problem lays in the letter "C" (CH=Switzerland/ CY= Cyprus).

Just something that you might want to correct?

Kind regards,

Pieter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Swiss service in Cyprus?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2014, 03:30:11 pm »
It is a little bit odd that the Swiss ground service is handeling the Catering pushback etc in Larnaca Airport. I think the problem lays in the letter "C" (CH=Switzerland/ CY= Cyprus).

Just something that you might want to correct?

There's nothing to correct. First, the ground services are related to the ICAO code of the airport, and that would be LC* for Cyprus and LS* for Switzerland. But other than that, Swissport is a very large company that does handling in many countries worldwide and, as you can see from their website:

http://www.swissport.com/index.php?id=4&businessLineId=1&call=external&swissport

They do ground handling at Larnaca Airport.

Maybe we could simply add a Swissport logo variation, for different branches around the world, right now all of them are under the same generic Swissport logo, but there are regional variations of the logo we might add, so users won't be confused by having those swiss operators everywhere and it would clear is NOT a mistake.

maxxx

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 07:05:21 pm »
I works for Swissport and as far as I know, the logo here in Canada is the same in Europe etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 09:33:54 pm »
I works for Swissport and as far as I know, the logo here in Canada is the same in Europe etc.

I found this for the Cyprus division:

http://www.scenario.com.cy/clients/parikia.htm

Not sure if it's a real logo, or something that web site just made up...

maxxx

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 12:56:50 am »
That is interesting. But why a new logo for some bases and not all?

SKEWR

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2014, 10:26:07 pm »
I also had to question why Swissport would do the handling at KEWR where UAL is the biggest airline. It's been several years since I was ramp guy, but I never saw Swissport working a flight at EWR.

My solution was fairly simple: Edit Swissport and UAL in the configs for each vehicle.

The only thing I have to be aware of now is after the Standalone Addon Manager update, the baggage tractor config always reverts while the other vehicles do not.