Author Topic: GSX - Pushback and PMDG777  (Read 6998 times)

Aaqib Afzal

GSX - Pushback and PMDG777
« on: April 08, 2014, 09:06:34 am »
Hi

I purchased GSX Last evening, Im still new to GSX thus sorry for repeating the same question if it has been answered before

Just want to clarify a few things...I havent yet tried out a full flight yet but would like to know how pushback works?Will the aircraft automatically be  pushed back properly centered to taxi line with default settings or is there any sort of configuration that needs to be done?

Also if there is any customization that needs to be done for GSX to work properly with the PMDG777 or if that already has been done and included in the installer i downloaded?

Thanks & Regards
Aaqib

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Pushback and PMDG777
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2014, 11:25:41 am »
Just want to clarify a few things...I havent yet tried out a full flight yet but would like to know how pushback works?Will the aircraft automatically be  pushed back properly centered to taxi line with default settings or is there any sort of configuration that needs to be done?

For pushback to work an any given airplane, you will need to at least specify the front gear position using the airplane configuration editor that comes with GSX. You need to do this ONLY for airplane that are NOT already supported by GSX

Also if there is any customization that needs to be done for GSX to work properly with the PMDG777 or if that already has been done and included in the installer i downloaded?

The PMDG 777 is internally supported by GSX, so you don't need to download anything extra, and don't have to customize anything.

Aaqib Afzal

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2014, 11:35:59 am »
Thanks for your response

Will it be possible for you to let me know where i can find the list of Supported Aircraft's and its Developer?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2014, 11:42:41 am »
Will it be possible for you to let me know where i can find the list of Supported Aircraft's and its Developer?

It changes constantly, so we found difficult to keep it updated in the forum. We might have to create an utility to have a web page automatically updated, that might be checked from the program or online.

Aaqib Afzal

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 11:45:48 am »
It changes constantly, so we found difficult to keep it updated in the forum. We might have to create an utility to have a web page automatically updated, that might be checked from the program or online.

In this case how I do i find out or know if the aircraft i intend to fly is supported by GSX or not?Isnt there a way for me to check this even in my local computer or within Add-on Manager of GSX or something of that sort?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 12:06:39 pm »
In this case how I do i find out or know if the aircraft i intend to fly is supported by GSX or not?Isnt there a way for me to check this even in my local computer or within Add-on Manager of GSX or something of that sort?

I think you are too worried about an airplane being "supported". If an airplane is not already supported, it doesn't mean you can't use it, the whole point of having an integrated airplane configuration, is that you can easily add any new airplane in minutes.

We tend to support internally those that are more complex to support, because they use special variables and non-standard configurations.

In any case, I've updated the post on this forum with the most current list of airplanes included with GSX. Note that, there are additional configurations made by users you can find in the sharing area in this forum.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 12:08:49 pm by virtuali »

Aaqib Afzal

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 12:14:35 pm »
I think you are too worried about an airplane being "supported". If an airplane is not already supported, it doesn't mean you can't use it, the whole point of having an integrated airplane configuration, is that you can easily add any new airplane in minutes.

We tend to support internally those that are more complex to support, because they use special variables and non-standard configurations.

In any case, I've updated the post on this forum with the most current list of airplanes included with GSX. Note that, there are additional configurations made by users you can find in the sharing area in this forum.

:D Not that worried because im sure you guys would definitely support all of the new Aircrafts and the developers therefore Im not worried at all just asked for my information :D

Anyhow thanks for the support and info appreciate it and im looking forward to putting this to full test towards the end of the week

Thanks

boilerbill

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2014, 09:00:06 pm »
If I may add a word of advice, don't try to use the Pushback features in GSX and the PMDG 777 at the same time. While the 777's pushback option is OK, it requires you to estimate the distance to push the aircraft, as well as the angle through which it is to be turned. The GSX version is much simpler, and the results are much better since you will (almost always) end up on the centerline of a taxiway. The only time the GSX version has difficulty is when the AFCAD file for the airport is incorrect or incomplete.
Stu

Specs: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R, Intel Core i7 950 @ 3.07 Hz, 12 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX 465 w/4 GB RAM, Driver v301.42 , LG W2753 monitor (1920x1080x32), Windows 7 x64 Home Premium

Aaqib Afzal

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 05:25:25 am »
If I may add a word of advice, don't try to use the Pushback features in GSX and the PMDG 777 at the same time. While the 777's pushback option is OK, it requires you to estimate the distance to push the aircraft, as well as the angle through which it is to be turned. The GSX version is much simpler, and the results are much better since you will (almost always) end up on the centerline of a taxiway. The only time the GSX version has difficulty is when the AFCAD file for the airport is incorrect or incomplete.

Thanks for the info...will keep that in mind. Since you mentioned afcads how about add-on sceneries such as fly Tampa or freeware sceneries how do I go about configuring those for pushback to work properly?ir do I have to do nothing and gsx automatically reads these changes?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 08:20:24 am »
how do I go about configuring those for pushback to work properly?ir do I have to do nothing and gsx automatically reads these changes?

GSX reads the AFCAD automatically, any change you do to the AFCAD is always detected. Usually, you'll want to edit the scenery AFCAD only when there are obvious errors, like missing links, overlapped nodes, orphaned parkings, because these will likely result in GSX failing to work.

Other things that are not strictly "errors", are easier to fix in the GSX parking configuration editor, for example the Pushback preference (which many developers forget to set, because ADE defaults to "none"), or the parking radius, or the presence of a fake/static jetway that GSX can't detect.

Aaqib Afzal

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2014, 08:22:03 am »
how do I go about configuring those for pushback to work properly?ir do I have to do nothing and gsx automatically reads these changes?

GSX reads the AFCAD automatically, any change you do to the AFCAD is always detected. Usually, you'll want to edit the scenery AFCAD only when there are obvious errors, like missing links, overlapped nodes, orphaned parkings, because these will likely result in GSX failing to work.

Other things that are not strictly "errors", are easier to fix in the GSX parking configuration editor, for example the Pushback preference (which many developers forget to set, because ADE defaults to "none"), or the parking radius, or the presence of a fake/static jetway that GSX can't detect.

Roger, thanks much for the info