Author Topic: Major HELP !  (Read 3897 times)

blackbird971

Major HELP !
« on: April 07, 2014, 12:03:52 am »
I was installing KLAS from you guys and it told me that I had a corrupted file, and that continuing the installer with that is not a good idea so I decided to let it replace it and now I've lost in my add on menu on FSX: FSpassengers, FSUIPC, IVAO, VATSIM, and many more besides the 2 coualt things. I want to know and in the most briefest delays, what heck is going on ? Cause I didn't pay for this product so it could ruin my FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Major HELP !
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 11:16:49 am »
I was installing KLAS from you guys and it told me that I had a corrupted file

Your message is not very clear but, I guess the corrupted file you already had BEFORE installing KLAS, was either your DLL.XML or your EXE.XML.

The installer will NOT touch any of the XML files BEFORE running a validation over them, using the official XML engine that comes with Windows. If a problem is found, the installer would TELL you have a corrupted XML, and would offer you a CHOICE to create a new one.

Of course this means the new file would add only the lines for our software, since your old file WAS corrupted, the new one will surely be correct, but will not contain the lines from the corrupted file.

I want to know and in the most briefest delays, what heck is going on ? Cause I didn't pay for this product so it could ruin my FSX.

The product hasn't "ruined" your FSX, of course.

Your XML file was ALREADY corrupted before running our installer so, what resulted you losing your previously installed modules, was the combination of having a corrupted XML file in the first place (could be caused by another defective installer that you ran previously, or because you tried to hand-edit it, making a mistake) AND having AGREED to let our installer to create a brand new one.

The installer didn't do anything on his own, it told you about the existing situation of already having a corrupted XML, and offered you the CHOICE to overwrite it, to create a new one, which you agreed to.

But of course, the installer HAS made a backup of it, and it also TOLD YOU. As soon as you agreed to create a new XML file, the installer gave you this exact message:

"A new and correct DLL.XML file has been created. Your old file has been renamed as: DLL.XML_Before_Addon_Manager.XML"

So, if you go into your %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX folder, and copy the DLL.XML_Before_Addon_Manager.XML over the DLL.XML file, you will get back your original DLL.XML as it was BEFORE installing KLAS.

Of course, it will be still corrupted, which means the real solution should be fixing the corruption first, then running our installer. If you don't know how to do this, send me both your EXE.XML and DLL.XML in a ZIP file by email, and I'll show you why and where they were corrupted, and fix them for you.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 11:18:21 am by virtuali »