Author Topic: Hover Technology for unloading  (Read 2781 times)

voodoo101

Hover Technology for unloading
« on: April 03, 2014, 06:02:38 pm »
Today I thought I would test GSX with the PMDG 777-F and was loving the fact that the cargo loader now goes to the main cargo door. I was surprised when I saw that they had Startrek technology to unload the cargo.

Is this because the cargo loader cannot go that high and is a workaround or is it a setting problem.

Regards

Craig

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Hover Technology for unloading
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 06:08:17 pm »
Is this because the cargo loader cannot go that high and is a workaround or is it a setting problem.

The most likely cause, is that you customized (or downloaded a customization file for it) the 777 *before* we added support for high loaders, so your custom configuration is taking over the one supplied with GSX. Or, you simply not using the latest GSX version, with the new cargo loaders.

Open the airplane configuration editor in GSX, and choose the "Reset" option, then restart Couatl and try again. Note if the loader is the correct model, the FMC Commander 30i, opposite to the 15i, that doesn't go as high as the 30i.

Of course, I assume you use the most current GSX version, which contains the high cargo loaders. If you have an old GSX installation, it's not enough to use the Live Update feature: new vehicles only come with the Vehicle updates installers, or with the Full GSX installer.

voodoo101

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 12:58:33 am »
I do not have any configeration files as this is a fresh install of GSX, due to the fact that I could not even get the menu to come up.

I have not installed the vehicle packs as I assumed that they was complete in the latest package. I will give that a go.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2014, 12:24:53 pm »
I do not have any configeration files as this is a fresh install of GSX

Have you CHECKED if you have GSX configuration files ? If with "fresh install" you mean you reinstalled GSX, that wouldn't reset your configuration files, and rightly so, because it would be very wrong if uninstalling GSX would kill you all your configurations and preferences. Even reinstalling FSX won't remove any customization file in GSX.

The only case when you have a really "fresh" install of GSX, is when you reinstall Windows, or create a new user account.

The GSX configuration files for airplanes are in the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX

With each airplane having his own folder. These ARE being reset by the "Reset" option of the aircraft configuration menu. An airplane configuration file can ALSO be put into the main airplane folder under FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANENAME, but in this case, it will NOT be removed by the "Reset" option, you must remove it manually, because that place is supposed to be used only by airplane developers (but of course nothing can stop you from putting a GSX.CFG file there...), so the "Reset" would "Reset" the airplane to the configuration provided by the airplane developer.

So, if you really want to be sure you don't have any configuration files, you should BOTH use the "Reset" option (which will remove the configuration under %APPDATA%) AND check in the FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes\AIRPLANENAME folder and manually remove any GSX.CFG you have there.

due to the fact that I could not even get the menu to come up.

If you used an older GSX installer you might have download a while ago, before those vehicles were added. The updated vehicles can be found in either the vehicle updates installers, OR in the current GSX Full installer.

But again, even if you have everything updated, a wrong configuration file made before support for high loaders was added, will still take precedence and will have to be removed.