Author Topic: DX10 and FSDT airports  (Read 6985 times)

Joshsum

DX10 and FSDT airports
« on: February 14, 2013, 05:39:09 pm »
Hi there I was wondering if there is a fix for making FSDT airports work in DX10. Everything is good till dusk then the airports disappear or our faint. KLAX doesn't seem to have this issue but the rest of my FSDT airports do.  Is ther somthing im not doing right.  Josh

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: DX10 and FSDT airports
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2013, 06:05:38 pm »
KJFK, KLAX, KDFW and CYVR are all 100% DX10 compatible and all future airports will be too.

For earlier sceneries, we'll probably add DX10 compatibility when we'll revisit them for a re-release, like the one we are doing for JFK (which is not needed for DX10, but it's a remake anyway)

Joshsum

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2013, 02:22:43 am »
Thanks for the info.  Josh

fsxman

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2013, 02:13:51 pm »
Hi,

thought I would bump this thread.

Has anyone else tried The new DX10 fix thats out for FSX (Steves DX10 fix I think its calls)  ?  Works great on KLAS.
(its 99% perfect on KLAS - in fact now there is ust one type of 3d light has an issue on my rig for this amazing airport ).
Interestingly I was flying around at night , and saw effects Ive never seen before like spectacular fireworks around 'The Vegas Strip' (after 10pm I think it was).
KLAS is like a new sim in DX10 with this fix pack. Try it with the .'light bloom' fix also.  ;D

Maybe Umberto could try it and see. 
If its possible to get a small patch to fix the very last 3d light, its then perfect.  (even the flickering runways are fixed now).

Hope you dont mind me mentioning it, Im not associated with the seller at all.
Just a Flight Sim nutter who loves FSDreamTeam work, and wants to share a piece of good news . (at least until the new DX10 ready version comes out).

regards,
Jon

ironcondor

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 03:11:59 pm »
HI FXMAN,

I applied the fix and it works great. I made another post on this forum but noticed your reply. I believe KLAS per the admin is not fully DX10 compatible yet. The only issue I see at KLAS and KORD is the taxiway lighting. Works great in DX9. Love flying using DX10 with the fix.

Thanks,

Abe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 06:16:40 pm »
We are working on a fix for KORD right now, perhaps we'll try to have a look at KLAS too.