Author Topic: FSDT Scenery Elevation issues  (Read 12557 times)

paul_smith_gw

FSDT Scenery Elevation issues
« on: March 23, 2014, 07:01:52 pm »
I searched the forums and I couldn't find anything I can use to fix this situation so I am posting here now.
For some reason some of my FSDT airport scenery has become messed up... parts of runway and taxiway textures have disappear when I get close to the ground and the Jetways seem to be elevated incorrectly. I am sure it has something to do with the airport elevation but I am unsure what exactly is causing it. I use ORBX global and Vector along with FSG2010 although this started well after I installed all of these addons. Any light on how I may fix this issue without reinstalling everything. The screenshots show how my ORD scenery is at the moment but there are plenty more airports that are like this too.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Scenery Elevation issues
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 09:35:13 pm »
I use ORBX global and Vector along with FSG2010 although this started well after I installed all of these addons.

The screenshots show how my ORD scenery is at the moment but there are plenty more airports that are like this too.

You mean non-FSDT airports ? Than it's clear the problem is not anything related to FSDT, and this thead shouldn't be titled "FSDT Scenery Elevation issues" but, more likely, "Scenery Elevation issues at many airports".

The first obvious solution would be trying to disable or uninstall ORBX global and Vector along with FSG2010, and see what happens. After  you will get to know which one is causing it, you would probably want to alert its developer.

wrnavarrete

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 09:45:01 pm »
Your elevation issue is most likely due to ORBX Global and Vector.  I suggest you place the Ohare scenery above all ORBX sceneries.  I have had these issues in the past with other sceneries as well, and they all have been solved by placing the sceneries above any ORBX scenery.

Regards,
Wilfrido
« Last Edit: March 23, 2014, 09:48:08 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 09:48:19 pm »
I suggest you place the Ohare scenery above all ORBX sceneries

Which is where our installers puts it by default, there is a reason why our installers put the airports on top of the Scenery Library. Of course, if the order is manually changed, everything can then happen.

I hope the OrbX installer don't force themselves to be on top of everything else: that is a serious mistake, because only airports should be on Top of everything. Background sceneries like vector data, should be BELOW ALL airports ESPECIALLY if they are "global", otherwise they could conflict with hundreds of airports.

paul_smith_gw

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 11:22:42 pm »
I ended up formatting my computer because I didn't know any other way to fix the issue. It happens at multiple FSDT airports but like you said other non-FSDT airports too. Either way I hope this format and reinstall fixes the issues.

paul_smith_gw

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 11:23:51 pm »
I also tried to disable the ORBX stuff to see if it would fix the problem but it is setup where if you try to do it you get a message from FS saying "this layer is required".

paul_smith_gw

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2014, 07:35:48 am »
Turns out it didn't fix the problem.... I guess its forcing itself on top of all of my scenery... even manually changing it doesn't fix the problem. Gonna go post on their forums to see what they have to say about it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:44:35 am »
Turns out it didn't fix the problem.... I guess its forcing itself on top of all of my scenery... even manually changing it doesn't fix the problem. Gonna go post on their forums to see what they have to say about it.

It surely can't force itself without the help of some additional module, like a .DLL or an .EXE which is loaded at the FSX start, you can try disabling that module only, and move the Orbx layer below the airports and see if it works that way.

N8587H

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2014, 02:04:55 am »
I was having this same issue and just found the fix for it. If you go into the FTX Vector Configurator, the very last tab is titled "Airport Elevation Corrections". Out of curiosity, I added DFW to the list and disabled elevation corrections for it. Voila! Everything is back to normal and looks great. I in turn disabled elevation correction for all of my addon airports, just in case and so far I'm back to normal with all the airports I've tried. I hope this works for you!