Author Topic: W7 64Bit will not let me install... **SOLVED**  (Read 21840 times)

Magic

W7 64Bit will not let me install... **SOLVED**
« on: January 23, 2013, 03:17:45 am »
Ciao Umberto!

After a long time I am facing problems that I can't solve myself.
I need your help!

I bought a new computer with Windows 7 64Bit and was able to transfer FS9 with all add-ons working...
Now I wanted to use the F-4 in FSX ( I know...not very smart...some say) but the FSDT Installer that I downloaded today will not let me install it on my system.

The programme asks me if I want to open the file...I click yes...than nothing happens.
No indication of an error somewhere, nothing, it just does nothing.

I am logged on as Admin in Windows 7...

I am totally lost as to what I might have done wrong.

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 12:59:44 pm by virtuali »
Godspeed, Bernd

AWACS Crew 1994-2000
Remember YUKLA 27 
Remember ESSO 77

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: W7 64Bit will not let me install...
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 01:10:43 pm »
Now I wanted to use the F-4 in FSX ( I know...not very smart...some say) but the FSDT Installer that I downloaded today will not let me install it on my system.

There's no way the F4 will ever run in FSX, because the Addon Manager for FSX doesn't know about its existence so the whole airplane code won't even start so, don't waste your time trying to do it.

The installer not starting doesn't happen, it works normally in Windows 7 64 bit. None of us use anything else other than Windows 7 64 bit, we are not even sure if our products works on XP anymore, because nobody of us is testing them anymore. The installer is the same as all the other FSDT installer so, provided you don't try to force-install into FSX (which will never work) there are no issues with it.

Magic

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2014, 11:47:38 am »
Well...it is mor than a year now...and still...the Installer will start...well windows is asking me if I want to install...and then..nothing!
I started all kinds of settiings in the compatebility mode but to no avail...

I W7 64bit will not let me install my F-4F...very sad!

Godspeed, Bernd

AWACS Crew 1994-2000
Remember YUKLA 27 
Remember ESSO 77

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2014, 12:31:03 pm »
Well...it is mor than a year now...and still...the Installer will start...well windows is asking me if I want to install...and then..nothing!

I don't see how waiting a year would make any difference to your issue. Have you read my previous reply from last year ? According to your report:

I wanted to use the F-4 in FSX ( I know...not very smart...some say) but the FSDT Installer that I downloaded today will not let me install it on my system.

You tried to install it into FSX. There's no way the F4 would ever install into FSX or it would ever RUN under it, even if you somehow managed to install it manually. So, the installer is CORRECT preventing to install inside FSX and there's nothing you can do.

The F-4 is an FS9-only product, and the installer will work normally under Windows 7 64 bit, provided you have FS9 installed and are installing INTO FS9 which means, not trying strange registry tricks to force an FS9-only installer into FSX, because the F-4 won't work in FSX regardless of any trick you might think of, to force its installation into FSX.

So, as long as you have FS9 correctly installed in Windows 7, the F-4 installer will work normally in Windows 7  64 bit.

Magic

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2014, 03:40:12 pm »
Ciao!
Sorry if I haven't been clear about my actions and certainly did I read your last reply!  ;)

I tried to install it to my new FS9 installation...but my W7 64bit will not open the installer. It is that simple.
I fully understand that I cannot install it in FSX... :)
The fact that I waited another year before posting here again was simply related to being busy with other things in FSX...and more importantly in life.  :)
Sorry if I didn't make it clear enough...my Windows7 64bit will not let me open the installer...that is all. Untill another developer releases his FSX F-4E I wanted to reinstall my beloved Cloud9 F-4F into FS9.

Mille Grazie!

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:15:22 pm by virtuali »
Godspeed, Bernd

AWACS Crew 1994-2000
Remember YUKLA 27 
Remember ESSO 77

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2014, 04:18:59 pm »
Sorry if I haven't been clear about my actions and certainly did I read your last reply!  ;)

Well, surely you weren't very clear: your last message you said you wanted to install in FSX, the next one you were complaining that after one year nothing changed...

I tried to install it to my new FS9 installation...but my W7 64bit will not open the installer. It is that simple.

No problem whatsoever here, the installer is working fine under every version of Windows 7, and of course nobody ever reported it before. Possible causes might be:

- You have an antivirus that is blocking the installer. Disable the antivirus

- You mistakenly put us into the Untrusted publishers lists, so nothing digitally signed by us will ever run on your system. To check this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

- You might simply have to wait. The installer takes a bit of time to uncompress into a temporary folder and, if you have an antivirus, it might be a slow process, because the antivirus is checking every installer file before letting it run. If, during this time, you are being hasty and would try to launch the installer again, it will get stuck so you might have to restart Windows.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 04:21:20 pm by virtuali »

Magic

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2014, 11:10:44 am »
Ciao!

I copied that and will check if any of your suggested leads will solve the problem!
 Mille Grazie!

Bernd

Well, surely you weren't very clear: your last message you said you wanted to install in FSX, the next one you were complaining that after one year nothing changed...

No problem whatsoever here, the installer is working fine under every version of Windows 7, and of course nobody ever reported it before. Possible causes might be:

- You have an antivirus that is blocking the installer. Disable the antivirus

- You mistakenly put us into the Untrusted publishers lists, so nothing digitally signed by us will ever run on your system. To check this, go to the Control Panel, under "Internet Options", look for the "Content" tab, there should be a "Publishers" button, that will list the software publishers that you trusted, and another tab with untrusted publishers. If you see "Virtuali s.a.s", remove it from both tabs (especially if it's under untrusted)

- You might simply have to wait. The installer takes a bit of time to uncompress into a temporary folder and, if you have an antivirus, it might be a slow process, because the antivirus is checking every installer file before letting it run. If, during this time, you are being hasty and would try to launch the installer again, it will get stuck so you might have to restart Windows.
Godspeed, Bernd

AWACS Crew 1994-2000
Remember YUKLA 27 
Remember ESSO 77

Magic

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2014, 12:24:24 pm »
Well...my AVAST Antivirus/Firewall must have been the blocker...as it turns out, without it it installes clean and without any problems.
Strange, as I used it on my old computer as well and never had it block anything by C9 before...and it didn't block any other installer, I opened myself for that matter.

So after me acting like a moron it all works fine now in FS9...!
Thank you for your help and patience...!

Well I guess in my case the biggest problem in simming does indeed sit in front of my computer... ;)
Godspeed, Bernd

AWACS Crew 1994-2000
Remember YUKLA 27 
Remember ESSO 77