Author Topic: Green squares for baggage carts??  (Read 3261 times)

Captain Fred

Green squares for baggage carts??
« on: March 22, 2014, 09:24:54 pm »
I am running P3D and recently no baggage carts and now just green squares moving around the airport.
Is there an adjustment to P3D's graphics to eliminate this? Is some scenery item missing?  Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Green squares for baggage carts??
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 11:37:41 pm »
Nobody ever reported this, and it's likely a problem with your video settings.

Try all the following:

- Update your video driver

- Reset your video driver settings to default

- Reset the P3D settings to default, by removing the following file:

%APPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Prepar3D.CFG

This will force the sim to rebuild a new config with all default settings. After doing this, be sure you apply the HIGHMEMFIX tweak in the Addon Manager, save the settings and restart P3D.

- Try to force a reset of the shader cache in P3D, by removing the following folder:

%LOCALAPPDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v2\Shaders

Captain Fred

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 04:05:09 pm »
Ok I did all as suggested. The baggage tugs/tractors are fine. The baggage loaders are fine. The pushback tractor is fine.
The baggage carts are floating above the airport! It's really strange to see the carts floating above the airport.
I even turned down the scenery mesh. What else can I do?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 09:45:11 pm »
The baggage carts are floating above the airport! It's really strange to see the carts floating above the airport.

You mean the whole vehicle is floating over ground. And, what is floating, just the front vehicle, the carts only, or the whole train ? I'm sorry, but this doesn't happen and nobody else reported it before.

If it was a problem with the scenery altitude *all* vehicles would float just the same.

And, fact that, after my suggestion to act on the video settings, most of the problems have gone except this, seems to indicate it WAS a video driver problem, that is now mostly fixed, but not entirely.

Captain Fred

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2014, 03:33:48 pm »
Ok, just the baggage carts are floating. The baggage tugs/tractors are fine. It is NOT a video driver issue.
I do run from time to time REX 4 Direct but that should not be an issue.
I know this is strange issue. Thanks for the help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2014, 04:23:42 pm »
Ok, just the baggage carts are floating. The baggage tugs/tractors are fine. It is NOT a video driver issue.

But since nobody else has reported it, and I've just tried it now, and nothing is floating (both on an FSDT airport and on a default airport), it's not a GSX problem either.

Which exact airport and gage you tried ?