Author Topic: Installed JFK v2 FSX and KLAX fs9 and FSX today - now EHAM and LSZH are gone  (Read 7495 times)

phantomflyer

Hello folks,
I went and bought KJFK v2 for FSX (special coupon price 70%off) and KLAX for FSX and FS9 today. All of a sudden AES (fs9) says Amsterdam is not installed or active, so I go and re-install it (my reg key is intact), then I go to the airport and it's all messed up. Sop I get rid of it and re-install again. The I start up fs9 to see LSZH is all messed up too! I can't get either of these to wqork in fs9 now after 3 attempts to re-install. I don't know what an FSX installation could do to mess up my FS9??? It's weird and I cannot seem to fix it now,. Both LSZH and EHAM are gone...

I checked to see these are activated in the ADDON manager and they are but there is zero scenery in both LSZH and EHAM. I will post this in the Amsterdam section as well and hope I get an answer soon. Both these airports were perfect before I installed JFK v2 in GSX and LAX in fs9 and FSX. I haven't checked al my other cloud 9 and FSDT airports in FS9 I hope they are all oki! I have them all installed. The only thing I might think is the addon manager is corrupt??

Please help!

Regards,
Bill

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
All of a sudden AES (fs9) says Amsterdam is not installed or active

That's an AES issue, then.

so I go and re-install it (my reg key is intact), then I go to the airport and it's all messed up.

What do you mean with "messed up" ? As explained, many times already on the forum, when you have a problem with your activation, the scenery WILL STILL WORK PERFECTLY, it will just revert to Trial mode, with buildings disappearing after 5 minutes (and reappearing at the next sim start).

So, if your scenery was "messed up", the problem didn't had ANYTHING to do with the activation or the Addon Manager. If you had a problem with the activation, the scenery would revert to Trial mode. And if you had a problem with the Addon Manager not running correctly, you wouldn't see ANY scenery, not something "messed up".

I don't know what an FSX installation could do to mess up my FS9??? It's weird and I cannot seem to fix it now,. Both LSZH and EHAM are gone...

An FSX installation, in fact, should not affect the FS9.

I checked to see these are activated in the ADDON manager and they are but there is zero scenery in both LSZH and EHAM.

Now you are saying a different thing. It's "messed up" or it's "zero scenery" ? They are two entirely different things.

Both these airports were perfect before I installed JFK v2 in GSX and LAX in fs9 and FSX.

As I've said, that's entirely coincidental. Provided, of course, your copy EHAM was legit...I'm sorry that I have to ask this but, the ONLY case in which the installation of an FSX product would cause issues to your FS9, is if you had bogus/fake Serial Numbers in the registry for those sceneries so in that case, the scenery will disappear, since those serials would have been obviously removed by the new installer (the registry keys are shared between FSX and FS9) and in fact, AES will too report a problem with them.

The obvious solution would be reinstalling all your FS9 sceneries from the CURRENT installers, not from old installers you might have, they will work, in Trial or in Full mode, depending if your activation has been made correctly or not.