Author Topic: Cloud 9 and AES....  (Read 16486 times)

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
Cloud 9 and AES....
« on: September 20, 2008, 06:22:24 pm »
Hey guys,
   I know that you have just completed JFK, and are most likly already working on DFW; but I was wondering if there was any updates on KLAX, and KDCA to make it compatable with AES?
 It seems like it would be easier to make these work with AES since they are newer sceneries than EHAM.   :-\

Thanks in advance,

Jonathan
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

FSXForever

Re: Cloud 9 and AES....
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 06:24:15 pm »
Go ask on Aerosoft forum, they know more than us.

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 06:25:28 pm »
I did that....all I got back from Aerosoft was that they are waiting on C9/FSDT for the updates to complete it.

Jonathan
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

KingCat

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 10:28:26 am »
I'm also very interested in the status of KLAX and KDCA getting AES support. They said they would look into the issue after completing KJFK. Well, now is the time.  ;D

I hope FSDreamTeam can give us an update on the matter.

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2008, 10:47:54 am »
I'm also very interested in the status of KLAX and KDCA getting AES support. They said they would look into the issue after completing KJFK. Well, now is the time.

I'm afraid the situation hasn't changed from the last update here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=650.msg4527#msg4527

We are simply too busy with our stuff, that I doubt we'll ever find the time to go back to Cloud9 products for FS9. EHAM and ENBR were easy, but KLAX (as it was said in that message) is quite different.

KingCat

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2008, 12:45:21 pm »
In that case maybe it's better to say that you're not going to invest the time in this "project" ever, instead of keeping it "open". That way Aerosoft can also remove KLAX/KDCA from their "AES-wishlist". Then nobody keeps their hopes up any longer (customers/Aerosoft).

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2008, 03:44:19 pm »
In that case maybe it's better to say that you're not going to invest the time in this "project"

Are you saying that "I doubt we'll ever find the time to go back to Cloud9 products for FS9" it's not clear enough ?

KingCat

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2008, 03:56:37 pm »
That's what I'm saying...

If you're not going to do it, say it. Don't soften things up by saying "I Doubt...". Be clear!

Jon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2008, 04:24:37 pm »
If you're not going to do it, say it. Don't soften things up by saying "I Doubt...". Be clear!

You are missing the point: it's nothing related to FSDreamTeam so, it's nothing I can firmly decide to do it or not.

If Alessandro (who made both KLAX/KDCA) is able to find some spare time to have a look at it and decide he can do it, and agree with Cloud9 to do it (and that would means some $ for him, if Cloud9 agrees), it might still happen.

However, because of his assignements related to FSDT, I doubt he'll ever find any spare time in the foreseeable future...once you realize that FSDT doesn't have anything to do with Cloud9, it all make sense. It's no FSDT that can "announce" anything related to Cloud9 products, for good or bad. However, since Alessandro is not employed by FSDT (like he was for Cloud9), he's free to do whatever he wants with his spare time, provided he can find any...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 05:32:06 pm by virtuali »

thepilot

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2008, 05:13:53 pm »
That's what I'm saying...

Jon

In other words: no.

mave128

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2008, 06:21:15 pm »
ok,

the "no" or "never" seems to be confirmed!

other question (probably wrong forum):
when do you think will klax appear for fsx - with aes support??
because thats the remaining option to get klax with aes!!

best wishes,
sören
best wishes,
sören

OPabst

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2008, 07:19:41 pm »
Hi all,

let stop here. Umberto explain the situation very detailed.

I will contact Alessandro next days to check, which option we have to keep his and my impact as small as possible. I don't think that he or C9 will block it, when there is a fast way.

If FSDT FSX airport could be supported by AES X in future is open, technically and politically, because FSDT has there own plans, I don't know if AES will fit there. From my side, FSDT X Airports can be part of the first AESX release.

brgds
Oliver Pabst

mave128

« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2008, 08:03:15 pm »
hey oli,

great to hear that you will keep on fighting!!
hopefully it will result in a happy ending!
"Hope springs eternal"

best wishes,
sören
best wishes,
sören

JamesChams

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2008, 10:13:41 pm »
If FSDT FSX airport could be supported by AES X in future is open, technically and politically, because FSDT has there own plans, I don't know if AES will fit there. From my side, FSDT X Airports can be part of the first AESX release.

Sir,

Please do it (AESX) ... I will definetly buy it for all FSX Airports.  :D ;D

Thank you.
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

Dimon

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2008, 04:02:10 am »
Why not to pay specifically for AES KLAX\KDCA? Beyond normal AES credit charge?
i7-6700k@4.6Ghz, Z170 Delux, 980Ti-6GB5700, 2TB EVO850, 16GB DDR4 RAM Win7/64 PRO.