Author Topic: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos?  (Read 6135 times)

panos95

Athens Eleftherios Venizelos?
« on: October 27, 2008, 08:46:28 pm »
Since you guys are back in Europe, why not create this airport? I know HSP has already made one but it's not good. HOPE YOU FINALLY DECIDE TO CREATE IT. IT'S EASY FOR YOU GUYS COMPARING TO JFK!

I am mostly interested in the fs9 version  :)

THANKS!

kyle joseph

• American Airlines 767-200
    • KJ762AA
Re: Athens Eleftherios Venizelos?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2008, 03:55:57 am »
since people have realized the talent from FSdreamteam, they have come with their requests

Flytampa forums would eat you alive

I and many others here are more respectful,

and frankly, I agree with your suggestions most of the time, however this is a payware developer, and they develop sceneries for profits...

the can't just make XYZ airport... they do planning and work on airports that have much demand, airports that they think are the best in the long run, right now, they have two projects they are working on at the same time, and their list is quite foll

I think there are some good freeware on AVSIM anyways, Greek Airports team I think and I kno HELLAS SCENERY PROJECT do excellent greek sceneries, they are no payware, but they are nice nonetheless... lets wait and see, they have lots they are working on now...

panos95

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2008, 06:55:00 pm »
ok I get that.

Greek Airports Project makes astounding sceneries. Hellas Scenery Project (HSP) has made LGAV but it's not good at all. And I really do believe that LGAV would be of interest 'cos Greece is a country which depends on tourists and I guess many people would love to fly to the capital of this country. That's just my opinion :)

Thibfly

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2008, 07:35:19 am »
ok I get that.

Greek Airports Project makes astounding sceneries. Hellas Scenery Project (HSP) has made LGAV but it's not good at all. And I really do believe that LGAV would be of interest 'cos Greece is a country which depends on tourists and I guess many people would love to fly to the capital of this country. That's just my opinion :)

Hi, Panos  ;)

Yes of course, it's true that everybody would like to have its own scsnery by FSDT; but, first, Kyle is right when he says that FlyTampa would shoot you down, all of you that claim for personnal scenery ask...and I can promise you that it wouldn't be better on Aerosoft or Simwings forum, really...

Then, I think that everybody, just to show respect to the wonderful work of the team, should be a little bit more...modest, and accept what FSDT is working on now... and not shoot down the work of others teams, especially if it's made free !! I fly sometimes from Paris to LGAV, on this "not good at all" terrain, as your opinion, and it's always great for me to land in Athens, I promise you, and it's not the quality of FSDT, but some guys may have worked days and nights to please some simmers with landing on a more elaborated scenery than default... it's not really nice from you to see this work like this, think about how hot is the work to build a scenery, even free, and i think that you'll see the design and the colours of Hellas Scenery Project with others eyes.

This is not the first time we see it on a forum, but I repeat it once again : the first thing everyone has to do is simply appreciate the work of avery men, and jst thanks em all for it !!!

See you

panos95

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 03:49:56 pm »
Hi!
I agree with you. And I can understand that scenery development is a very hard job.
I am not saying that HSP doesn't do nice sceneries. For example, LGMK is a very nice one. However, LGAV was made back in 2004 and that's why it isn't quite good. 

The photoreal terrain around the airport is awesome. I'm talking about the airport itself. The ground is just grey :(  . Anyway, I've just seen in GAP's website that they may make a LGAV scenery. These guys make amazing freeware sceneries.

Kiwiwanabe

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2008, 04:48:28 pm »
KilyJoe and Thibfly,

Maybe you two can help me out with this. When did it become impolite to request a scenery package? Has the FSDT team said "no more requests?"

There are all kinds of requests and recommendations for sceneries on this forum, but you two have decided to lecture Panos95 for his. Why is that?

Silverbird

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2008, 01:02:01 am »
HI panos one of my good friends is Greek I have been to Greek clubs, restaurants.  and have good Greek friends. I almost had the chance of going to Greece a few years ago but unfortunately it never happened I would love a Athens scenery with the quality of fsdt! my friend used to come over my house all the time and fly to Athens I would download some good Olympic airways paints for him and let him fly for a few hours. he really enjoyed it. so I really hope we can get a updated version soon! I'M really grateful to have the freeware lgav but it definitely needs some updating. :)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR