Author Topic: LSGG FSX - Comm Frequencies Issues **SOLVED**  (Read 5679 times)

HB-HFK

LSGG FSX - Comm Frequencies Issues **SOLVED**
« on: March 11, 2014, 03:27:26 am »
Hello,

I have switched to FSX recently and installed the FSDreamteam scenery for LSGG/FSX.

I am having some issues with comm. frequencies.

I'm getting:

Tower on 119.70 instead of 118.70
Ground (South Apron) as 118.70 instead of 121.75
Clearance is absent, should be 121.675 (same as ground / North Apron)
ATIS 124.75 (alternate frequency) instead of 135.575, which is OK

I checked the AFX_LSGG.BGL file in the scenery file (with AFX Facilitator)

Surprisingly all the correct frequencies are there, including departure, approach and radar.

However, I'm not getting them in FSX when I go to Geneva. Instead I only get those I mentioned.

Have you any idea why this is? Is there anything I can do to rectify this?

Thank you in advance for your time and help.

Kevin
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 09:13:07 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: LSGG FSX - Comm Frequencies Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2014, 02:03:04 pm »
I checked the AFX_LSGG.BGL file in the scenery file (with AFX Facilitator)
Surprisingly all the correct frequencies are there, including departure, approach and radar.

Is that "surprising" ? Of course they are correct in our scenery!

However, I'm not getting them in FSX when I go to Geneva. Instead I only get those I mentioned.

Have you any idea why this is? Is there anything I can do to rectify this?

That most likely cause is another AFCAD in conflict. The most common cause of AFCAD conflicts are the one provided with AI Traffic packages like My Traffic, Traffic X, etc.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner utility to search for conflicting AFCAD files and remove them.

HB-HFK

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2014, 02:08:14 am »
No, what was surprising is not that your frequencies were correct. That I knew already.

What is surprising is that despite them being correct and showing correctly in the list they don't show up in FSX.

I did what you recommended and checked for conflicting AFCADs with FSX Airport Scanner. It couldn't find anything. I don't use AI packages aside from World of AI.

As a cross comparison test, I temporarily replaced your AFCAD with the freeware of Alpha India Group available on Avsim to see if that made a difference. It seems this is the case. Ground went back to 121.675 and ATIS to 135.575. I haven't tested further for the moment, I haven't done any test flight. Unfortunately, the side effect of using this AFCAD is I am now getting double arrows on the threshold lead-in.....

Previously, I had modified your original AFCAD by allocating additional airline parking spots and modified one or two parking spot Radii.

I thought this might be the source of the problem so I went ahead and reinstalled your scenery (I couldn't reinstall just the original AFCAD file).

Back with the original package I'm still getting the strange frequency selection.

I'm going to test the AIG AFCAD again, this time thoroughly to get an exhaustive and meaningful comparison. As far as your AFCAD is concerned I must say I am at a loss to begin to understand what's going on. Any additional help from you on this matter will be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2014, 08:40:14 am »
I did what you recommended and checked for conflicting AFCADs with FSX Airport Scanner. It couldn't find anything. I don't use AI packages aside from World of AI.

It's possible the problem is a conflict with the default scenery, I found the issue, and it was the LSGG AFCAD added the correct frequencies, but didn't remove the ones from default scenery.

I thought this might be the source of the problem so I went ahead and reinstalled your scenery (I couldn't reinstall just the original AFCAD file).

Reinstall the scenery again, there's an updated AFCAD online now.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 08:42:13 am by virtuali »

HB-HFK

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 09:00:28 pm »
That was it, indeed.

I have reinstalled the scenery and now it works like a charm.

Thank you for your quick assistance and good help.

Cheers,

Kevin